duck tape scars on my honey

After what felt like ages, I looked up from my laptop screen and noticed that it was already half past nine. This would explain the pain in my back, I thought and decided to continue tomorrow with my thesis. College was exhausting.

While I changed into my pajamas I saw a mark on my left wrist. It looked like somebody with long nails had grabbed it too hard and then left angry red marks that looked like they even have been bleeding. Because I knew that no one even touched me there in the last twenty-four hours, my soulmate must be the one who got the bruises.

The form as well as the fact that they were the injured one out of us concerned me. Normally I was the one who randomly bumped into things or stumbled over them and was overall clumsy. God, it probably annoyed them to death.

And secondly, the place and the fact that it definitely were nail marks on their arm -well technically mine too but that was besides the point- made me feel scared for then. Someone did this to them and I got strangely overprotective. Hey, they were my soulmate and they were hurt with wounds that looked like a fight that escalated. So I could be overprotective, I decided.

Before I could overthink too much, I told myself that they would be alright and finally put on my top. Still I checked the rest of my body for bruises and luckily found none. On my way to the bathroom my doorbell rang. Who could that be on a Friday evening?

Hesitantly I went to answer it, half hiding behind the door because the other person not necessarily needed to see my pajamas.

But as soon as I recognised the person on my porch I opened the door fully. My best friend Mikey stood in the dark, his face hidden in the shadows.

"Mikey? What are you doing here? I thought you had band practice!" I said surprised.

Instead of answering he sniffled. Confused I tried to make out his face and saw tears brimming in his eyes. Obviously concerned by now, I asked softly: "Mikey?"

He didn't answer but now the first tears began falling. So I pulled him inside wordlessly and put my arm around his waist. Mikey broke down completely and started sobbing on my shoulder. I grew even more concerned and froze for a second. Mikey almost never cried.

"Shh, it's alright," I cooed after I collected myself and guided him to my sofa. We sat down, Mikey nearly on top of me with his head in my neck. I stroked his back to show him I was there and played with my other hand with his hair.

I let him calm himself down before beginning to talk. When his sobs ceased I asked softly: "What happened Mikey? Happened something with the boys?"

Mikey shook his head. "It's Lea," He choked out without giving more explanation.

"What is with Lea? Did you guys fight?" Lea was his girlfriend and to be honest, I didn't like her. Something about her seemed off, I was almost certain that she didn't even love Mikey. Also, I only ever saw her at the concerts of the boys and there she seemed annoyed and bored. That of course was only for the shows she went to and these were few. Not exactly the most supportive girlfriend.

Mikey nodded, looking miserable.

"Yeah. She watched us play today and then told me that we are the worst band she ever heard of and that if I don't already make her famous, I'm just a w-waste of time," he said, starting to cry again as he talked. By now I was ready to kill her but kept calm for Mikey's sake.

"You are definitely not a waste of time," I assured him, fuming inside at these words that hurt Mikey enough that he was crying in my lap. "What else did she say? And how tall is she so I'll know how big the hole in my backyard has to be?"