Read what is written on it

"Uh, um hey, Ray" I spoke nervously into my phone.

"Well, hello Y/N. What's the matter?" The voice of my best friend answered from the other end.

I chewed at my lip as my gaze shifted through the living room of Mikey's and my apartment. "Could you maybe come over? Mikey's with Gee and I need somebody around right now."

"Of course. Is everything alright? You sound kind of upset." Now concern laced Ray's voice. I could already hear him walking around, probably putting on his shoes. Great now I scared him.

Sighing I answered: "Yeah, kinda. Just come, I only need somebody to talk to."

"On my way, your scaring me Y/N." and with that he ended the call.

Shortly after that my doorbell rang. I opened it, being greeted by my best friend since kindergarten who immediately enveloped me  in a strong hug. I let myself melt into it, relishing the familiar feeling. It was comforting to have him hold me right now.

"So what's up with my sunshine?" Ray wanted to know after we sat down on the sofa in the living room. His arm remained around my shoulder, sensing my need for the feeling of having someone next and close to me.

"I just, you know, have, well this kind of problem, maybe not problem in general and I, okay it could potentially become a problem if this thing happens what I think will happen but I don't want it to and...."

"Woah, woah, stop!" Fortunately Ray interrupted my rambling. God knows what would have come out of my mouth if I had kept talking. "Take deep breaths" he instructed me, his hands now on my shoulders. I did, calming down a bit.

"And now full sentences please, I didn't get a word you said. What is bothering you?" Ray studied me with a look of concern on his face, his eyebrows furrowed and his lips almost invisible from being pressed tightly together.

I started to play with my fingers, refusing to look at him while confessing: "I'm pregnant."

Instead of reacting shocked like I did, Ray squealed. This grown man next to me squealed so I looked up to shoot him a confused glance.

"That's awesome! What did Mikey say? Oh this little shit didn't say a word yesterday during practice. Since when do you know it?" Ray asked enthusiastically.

"Uhm, I just took the test and haven't exactly told Mikey yet. I mean, what if he doesn't want children or at least not now? Are we too young? We're 26 but is this a reasonable age? Will he leave me and I have to be a single mother because I want to keep this child? What should I do then? Your band is pretty big right now so I could even understand him if he doesn't want to burden himself with me and the child." I told him my fears, that had been running constantly through my head since I bought the test yesterday after throwing up for the third time this week and realising that my period was late.

By now I had tears in my eyes, threatening to fall. For a moment Ray watched me helplessly but catched himself fast, luckily.

"First off all you're not a burden to anyone, especially not when pregnant" he assured me and slung his arm once again around my shoulders "and secondly, Mikey loves you to death, he would never leave you. I'm pretty sure he wants children, have you guys never talked about it? One time there was a kid at a concert and the whole time Mikey watched it to make sure nothing happened to the child. It's gonna be okay, trust me."

I grinned lightly at his last sentence. "You promise?"

Ray started to laugh. "Y/N! I tried to be serious here!"

I giggled. "Then don't quote one of your most popular songs and expect me to let it slide."

He rolled his eyes still grinning. "Why am I friends with you again?" I slapped his arm and rolled my eyes.