Hello Angel tell me where you are

I loved to draw. And I did it on every possible surface given to me. Including my body. You could constantly see me being covered in ink although it wasn’t permanent because on the one hand I liked the change and on the other hand my parents didn’t exactly liked tattoos. However they were completely okay with me drawing on myself; never got why but I didn’t question it.

So naturally it took quite some time to notice if there was ink that hadn’t been put there by me. But I couldn’t stop myself from drawing or sparing a certain point.

I came home exhausted after eight lessons in hell and showered long and hot calming me down. Unfortunately the butterflies on my right wrist, I was left-handed mainly so there where more drawings, faded completely away. Right now I was too lazy to draw so I sat down instead to get some homework done.

Of course I had heard from my friends who already found their soulmates that they mainly communicated by writing on their skin before they met in person.

I felt a bit sorry for my soulmate if I got one because his body must have been completely drenched in my art. Did he like it? Or did he tried to get rid of it as fast as it appeared? No, I would have noticed that. Maybe he covered it up?

I doodled mindlessly a flower bouquet on my paper ignoring the pile of homework and thinking instead of the possibility of having a soulmate. Did everyone have one? Or are there persons who didn’t? What happened to them when their partner died before they met? Was there a second one? Would I notice if I didn’t have one?
Oh god, what if my soulmate didn’t want to meet me because I drew so much and was annoying him?

I sighed. Thinking this wouldn’t help much even if it was true, so I distracted myself by doing at least the homework that was due to tomorrow.

In the end I worked until almost midnight and fell dead in my bed after a little snack.

The next morning I slept through three of my four alarms so I was in a hurry and almost late to first period. Luckily I could slip in just in time and hurried to my seat in the back where I plopped down next to Frank. We sat together in the classes we both had but weren’t exactly friends. I liked him anyway and talked much to him; just not quite often after school.

"No new art?“ he asked me instead of a hello, eyeing my bare arms. It was going to be a warm day so I wore only a short sleeved shirt that once had been white but now was a lot more colourful due to my restless hands.

"Nope, too much homework. How's life?“ I answered while taking out my blog.

Frank laughed and my question. "Terrible as ever. Want to meet me and my friends at lunch?“

I glanced him confused. Not because of his answer, I was used to Frank's comments by now but because of his suggestion. "Not that I don’t want to but why?“

He shrugged and grinned toothy at me. "Last time you complained to me that none of your friends have lunch today the same time as you so I thought that would be funny. So do you or not?“

"If it’s okay with your friends then yes“ I agreed. As Frank was about to answer the teacher glared at us warningly so he only gave me a thumbs up and nodded.

For once I managed to keep my arms blank throughout the school day and I was strangely proud of myself. My need to draw however was as strong as always it only was more directed to actual paper.

At lunch I stood in the middle of the cafeteria and probably looked like a lost puppy. Luckily Frank arrived soon after me and dragged me towards a table in the back.

"Hello everyone, this is Y/N and she‘ll sit with us today, okay? Oh hey, babe!“ the last comment was obviously not directed to me but to a girl with black hair and a matching grin to Frank’s.