sitting alone at the bar

Nervously I glanced at my phone. Wow. Well, now he was almost an hour and a half late. He ditched me, great, just wonderful. I thought we were out of middle school and this shit but here I was sitting alone at the bar, waiting for my date who apparently thought it was really funny to let me sit and wait for him.

Or planning on never showing up at all would be more precise. He wasn’t that cute either or even pretty nice. Why again had I said yes in the first place?

I guess I did because I hadn’t had a date in quite some time as pathetic as it sounded. At least I wouldn't see him at work or anywhere due to him working as a waiter in a restaurant I certainly won't visit anymore.

Looking around and still nursing on my glass of water, I noticed a table of four pretty tough looking guys who had a night out or something. One was covered in tattoos, the second seemed very intimidating with his bright red hair and leather jacket. The third man wore a leather jacket over his broad shoulders, too and had pretty curly hair. The last man was sitting with his back facing me but I noticed his bleached blond hair which got currently messed up by the tattoo guy. I sighed. At least they had fun.

Suddenly someone sat next to me on the bar stool but I didn’t bother looking who it was. Definitely not my date I thought bitterly.

"Hey pretty girl" I heard the voice of the man next to me. Oh, no. Not now.

"Hey Doll I'm talking to you!" the voice sounded not very pleasant and I tried my best to ignore him.

That turned out to be more difficult than  I first hoped because now I felt a sweaty hand on my knee. Why again had I decided on wearing a skirt without tights? Oh, right I thought I had a date and it had been pretty warm as I left home.

I turned towards the man who looked twice my age and like he never had seen the inside of a shower and replied coolly: "Could you please take your hand away from there? I don’t want to talk to you, sorry."

The man huffed but didn’t take his hand away. "I'm just trying to be nice to you and you talk to me with such an attitude! Anyways, I'm a nice guy, so I'm giving you a second chance so, Sexy tell me what you’re doing here all alone, looking pretty?"

For a moment I only stared at him. What did he thought he was doing here? Did that seriously work on other women?

Before I could answer anything, his hand began to creep further up my leg under my skirt. He talked again with this slimy voice he apparently thought was sexy or something: "Oh, come on I know you like it, so stop being so tense already. It’s not every day that you get that much attention from a guy like me."

I glanced around the room hoping for help. Slowly I felt seriously uncomfortable and the man still wouldn't go away. "Can you please let go of me? I really don’t want to speak to you" I tried again.

I was still shocked enough by his actions that it didn’t even cross my mind to slap at his hand or push him away. He only grinned at me as if I was a stubborn child who didn't know better.

Suddenly he was jerked away from me by his collar. As I looked up I recognised the four guys from the table I watched earlier. Red-hair held the man's collar while tattoo-guy almost screamed at him: "Have you never heard of respecting women? This lady here had said twice that you should let her go and you ignored it! Go away and never come back!"

After that he punched him in the face. Before anything more could happen curly-hair intervened and held tattoo-guy back. He told him something I didn’t catch and pointed back at me.

I however was quite shocked by the whole thing infront of me. One moment I had the dirty hands of some creep on me and the next I was saved by four random guys. Four intimidating looking guys. I began to shiver although I wasn’t cold, the shock setting in.