you look happier

Mikey's P.O.V.

The first time I saw them again was as I was walking home from the grocery store. It was like a slap in the face. They were happy and laughing; some guy had his arms around them.

Just then, I realised that I had stopped dead in my tracks, and just stared at the couple that was now entering the bar across the street. The pack of milk in my left hand started to slip, but I couldn't stop staring at them. They were tipping their head back from laughing so loud and unapologetically just because this man had told them something funny. He leaned over to them and pressed a small kiss on their cheek.

The milk hit the pavement.

Dazed, I stared down at it, averting my eyes from the happy couple that now was behind the doors anyway. I didn't move and just continued to kook down at the leaking liquid that was running across the sidewalk.

"Sir? Are you okay?" A voice behind me made me turn around slowly.

It was a teenager that had talked, a girl that studied me concerned. She was wearing a MCR shirt and a green flannel over it. Fuck. The second I recognized her as a fan, she recognized me as the bass player in the band on her shirt; I could tell by the way she paled significantly.

I cleared my throat, mentally preparing myself for what might come, my thoughts with the couple in the bar and not the situation at hand. Where they happy? They looked happy.

"Can I help you?"

To my surprise, it wasn't me who had asked the question and rather the girl who now had a determined expression. She scanned the other items in my hands, a bag with some apples (Ray thought I needed vitamins), a bar of chocolate (Frank said sugar would make everything better and that I should stop pulling that face) and some hairspray (Gerard said his was empty and like the good little brother I was, I had thought of it. Also, he was the only one who wasn't giving me these pitiful looks, despite my appearance). "I think you need a coffee."

I raised one eyebrow. What was that supposed to mean? "Oh?"

"No, not like this! I'm seventeen, and ew," she complained and crossed her arms, "I was on my way to the café around the corner and kind of really need a hot chocolate and you look like you saw a ghost so get going."

Bossy. But I needed this, I supposed as I followed the girl. Everything to stop the memories from Y/N flashing across my brain.

"Mikey! Come on, I saw this cute little café and I know you are a coffee addict!" Y/N exclaimed and proceeded to drag me out of the house.

I chuckled but let myself get pushed around. They were cute like this. So excited over the little things and I felt my heart beat in my chest fastly. For the first time, I realized just how much they meant to me. The glowing eyes that I could get lost in that were shimmering with excitement and the bright smile on their face made me feel light-headed. I was in love with them.

The coffee shop really was only a few steps away and I wondered how I never noticed it before. The girl had already ordered and picked out a table so I followed her. She grinned up at me as I took the seat across from her. God, why was I doing this again?

"So obviously I'm a big fan of yours if you haven't figured that out but I'm also kind of concerned right now. I mean, you let me, a teenage fangirl kidnap you to a random place and didn't say anything. That's not exactly the behaviour of someone that is completely sane or values his privacy. And I saw you staring to that bar. Is there someone you're missing?" Damn, that girl was smarter than I wanted her to be.

So I shrugged non-commentary. Y/N and my relationship was mainly in private. We weren't an official couple and I never introduced them anywhere as my partner. At the time, I thought that would be the best so we could live our life in peace but now I realized how much this must have hurt them. Maybe they felt like I wanted to hide them? That would explain the sudden outbursts I never got a hang of.