why dark alleys are not the best idea

After having to stay longer at work, it had turned already completely dark outside and I cursed myself for deciding to walk home. Really, it wasn't one of my best decisions to walk in October after nine in the dark streets and only have a light jacket with you.

I shivered and pulled my jacket closer as I went against better judgement in a dark alley. I really wanted to get home already and this was the shortest way. But maybe not the safest one.

At the darkest point, I was suddenly shoved against the wall of the house next to me and felt strong arms pushing me against it, along with a breath against my neck. I shivered at that and struggled in the firm grip. "Let go of me!" I shouted. Now teeth, no fangs, were scraping the skin of my neck and I was frozen in place.

"Hands. Off. My. Girlfriend." A familiar voice growled. But the person pinning me against the wall didn't react.

Faster than I could look, they were pulled away from me and my attacker was pressed up against the wall by my boyfriend Mikey who currently had his fangs dangerously close to their neck.

"What did I just say, Brendon?" He asked lowly, his voice almost animalistic.

Brendon chuckled, despite being obviously beaten. "You are defending that human? She isn't more than just a meal and maybe a good-"

He couldn't end his sentence because Mikey had punched him straight in the face, making him groan and hold his nose.

I must have made some kind of noise because Mikey turned to me, a furious expression in his eyes that immediately softened as he saw my frightened face.

Mikey gave Brendon one last punch in the stomach before letting go of him. "Don't you ever touch her again." He said in a quiet, but even more threatening voice. My attacker ran away and left us alone.

The shock setting in, I began to shiver and Mikey hurriedly came to me, engulfing me in a hug. I grabbed the back of his jacket tightly and let his familiar sent calm me down.

"Everything's alright, baby. He's away. You're safe, I'm here." Mikey kept whispering in my ear and stroking my back soothingly.

After I stopped shivering, Mikey pulled away and studied me for any injuries. "He didn't hurt you, did he baby?" He wanted to know and got the threatening expression in his eyes again.

"No, you were there fast enough." I assured him. "Can we go now, please?"

He nodded. "Of course. But you're staying today at mine, so I can protect you."

I had absolutely nothing against that so I let him put his arm around me and guide me to his car that was parked a few minutes away.

"How did you knew that I needed help?" I asked curiously.

Mikey kissed my head. "I didn't. I wanted to surprise you after you texted me that it would get longer and just saw you going in that alley and then Brendon was there. Luckily I was, too and could protect my girl."

Sometimes it was scary how his behaviour changed in seconds depending on how much he liked the person. To me he was always sweet and caring and loving but heaven help the people that messed with anyone he loved.

We reached his car and Mikey noticed my goosebumps. "Are you cold baby? Why didn't you say something earlier?" He wanted to know, already handing me his much thicker leather jacket. It wasn't exactly warm because he hadn't have body heat but definitely warmer than mine.

The ride was mostly silent, only the radio was on but it was a comfortable silence.

Mikey lived together with his brother and their friends so as he opened the door for me we heard Gerard shout: "Who is it?"

Mikey shouted back: "Me and Y/N!"

We went into the living room getting the attention of everyone there. Ray studied me closely. "What happened to you?" He wanted to know worriedly. Ray had become to me the brother I never had and he could always see when something was bothering me.

Oh, and they were all vampires like Mikey, so they probably could smell my high adrenaline level.

Mikey behind me growled. "That asshole Urie attacked her in an alley. Luckily I was fast enough though."

Frank was on his feet in a second. "I'm gonna kill that fucker!"

Gerard pulled him back down, rolling his eyes. "No, you're not. You are going to make something tiny to eat for Y/N because she just came from work and had no dinner."

Frank shrugged but obeyed and went to their kitchen. Their refrigerator was surprisingly always full enough to feed me, despite them only living quite literally off of blood.

I noticed that we still were standing awkwardly in the door frame so I tugged at Mikey's hand. He got what I wanted from him and guided me to the sofa and in his lap. I cuddled into his chest and let him stroke my head.

It was great to feel this protected by all of them and have a home here.

Ray and Gerard distracted me with some story from their day and their cheering personalities. Mikey stayed silent, deep in thoughts but playing with my hair. He knew that this never failed to calm me down.

After a while Frank came back with pancakes for me. "Can we watch a movie?" He begged as he flopped down on the sofa, placing his head on Gerard's lap.

I laughed at that and nodded. "But no horror please."

"You're no fun." Gerard fake pouted but couldn't keep it long and giggled showing off his fangs.

Mikey didn't seem to notice his joking tone and tightened his grip around me. "If she doesn't want to watch horror, then we're not going to do it." He almost snapped at his brother, getting overprotective.

"Mikey calm down, he was making a joke!" Ray told him.

"Oh" Mikey looked at Gerard apologetically. Said person only rolled his eyes.

"When did you drink last? You're pretty tense." Frank piped in.

Mikey huffed. "I am perfectly capable of managing my eating schedule, thank you very much."

"Just go drink something, honey." I told him and gave him a pleading look. I knew that he never would harm me but he tended to be more short tempered when he was hungry. And I wanted to have a calm evening.

Mikey did what I begged him to do.

Because they secretly were all huge nerds, we watched Harry Potter. I was cuddled against a now relaxed Mikey who had an protective arm around my waist and his head on top of mine. A blanket was placed over us at some point and I slowly became sleepy.

"Sleep if you want to" Mikey whispered in my ear and kissed my head gently.

I nodded slightly and moved on top of him. There I cuddled in his chest and got more comfortable, listening to his breathing. He didn't need to but did it anyway out of habit. It had a more regular pattern and lulled me to sleep.

I could have sworn that I heard them plotting the murder of the Brendon-guy but I couldn't be sure and noted it down as a dream.

Once, I was woken up slightly as I felt Mikey pick me up and carry me to bed. I only gripped onto him harder. He chuckled and layed down next to me. "Go back to sleep baby." And I did.

---

It's October!!
So I thought that I write throughout it with some more supernatural stuff, not too much because I'm not creative enough for that but like some creatures that don't exist normally. I hope you like it.

Have a nice day/ evening/whatever 💜