I don't dance but here I am

I never thought that I would be the kind of person to enjoy my own wedding. It never looked like the option for me to get settled down. There hadn't been a particular reason, maybe just my stupid mind telling me that no one really wanted to share their life with me.

But then Mikey came along. It was entirely on accident, neither of us had meant to be on that train that day. It had gotten stuck and we had been sitting next to each other as the driver had announced that we would stay here for a while. Our conversation started with me having to calm down Mikey from the beginnings of a panic attack as he heard the words 'stuck' and 'probably will take more than an hour'. To both of our surprise, we kept talking after this. I learned that Mikey was in a band and had been on his way to a gig actually that now had to be delayed while I wanted to visit a childhood friend and my car had broken down a week prior.

Mikey invited me to their show the next day and from there on, we started to grow closer. There wasn't that immediate spark that every romance novel portrayed or even the tingles and fireworks. No. It was like coming home. Of course, both of us had been shy for the first few meet-ups but soon both of our sarcastic personalities got the better of us. We were comfortable around each other and never failed to cheer the other up on a bad day.

Still, it surprised me when Mikey asked me to marry him. We had been laying in bed -nothing fancy just the two of us, enjoying the calm of the night at two am- and then my boyfriend had pulled out the ring from his bedside drawer. And I said yes.

So here we were. I was walking down the aisle, my hand on my father's arm that was shaking just the slightest and looked at Mikey standing at the altar.

The grin on my face was so wide that it started to hurt my cheeks and I was fairly certain that my steps were out of tact by now. But that didn't matter.

Mikey's expression of awe mattered. The way his eyes flew over my dress and my hair to my face as if he was seeing me for the first time. As if he couldn't believe how beautiful I was. I felt beautiful too.

And then, I was already standing next to my groom, my hand in his. Mikey beamed at me and I swore I saw something glistening in his eyes. But it could just have been the lights reflecting.

"You look beautiful, Y/N," Mikey whispered softly, "I love you."

"I love you too," I whispered back and squeezed his hand before I turned to the priest.

We spoke our vows in front of our family and friends and then, Mikey already dipped me back for the kiss. I was taken by surprise by the action and had to stifle the giggles as I heard -what only could have been Frank- a whistle from the crowd. 

The next hour was just a blur, us taking pictures in front of the church with friends and family, Mikey kissing me every chance he got and both of us smiling like idiots. For the entirety of the time from the altar until the party, we refused to let go of each other and always stayed connected somehow. Sometimes just a hand on the shoulder or on the waist, then our arms interlinked or just the pinkies. I never wanted to be away from my husband again. And people overwhelmed, even when they were our friends.

Finally, we reached the party venue where we had our first quiet moment. Okay, we might have just abandoned our guests for a few seconds, but that totally counted.

"Hey," Mikey breathed as I leaned into him already a bit exhausted.

I grinned up at him and thanked my high heels for the extra inches so that I could bump our noses together without going on my tiptoes. "Hey, Baby."

A short kiss followed that unfortunately for interrupted by Ray before it could turn interesting. "There you are! You can't run away just yet, guys."