ch. 23 ♪ vague melodies.

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE:vague melodies

vague melodies.

Memories of helping around at your old school for an internship haunted your dreams, reminding you of the terrible times when Armin had only just begun going out with Annie.

It felt like those memories were amplified beyond recognition, a fueling of hate and betrayal always in the back of your mind.

"Look, Y/N," Moblit said, slamming a grade book onto your desk, sighing as he did so. "I know you're going through some things right now, but you're my assistant teacher, and I need some assistance as of now."

You rubbed your eyes and nodded. "Sure thing."

You sighed as you picked up the heavy book, regretting your impulsive decision to get an internship as a student teacher for Shingeki Academy.

You'd never even planned on being in the education field, especially because you were in a band. You, along with everyone else, just thought it would be your career.

But something about hearing the support members playing the piano and keyboard made your heart hurt, and you just couldn't take it anymore, hence your small year-long hiatus.

Walking to the library, you felt your phone vibrate, begging to be answered.

You ignored it. Talking to your friends had become quite hard. You no longer had any motivation to continue faking your happiness.

Trying to pretend that you were having the time of your life to the outside world and public had never been easy- but then again, feigning sadness was much easier than doing so with joy.

"Hey, is this spot taken?" You asked, standing next to Colt Grice, a third-year Marleyan transfer student you knew from one of the classes you helped teach, who was only about three years younger than you. Your opinion of him was good- he was responsible and respectful.

"No, it's free," Colt said, smiling at you.

"Thanks," You said, running your hands around your neck and sighing. Your phone vibrated again. "Shut up," You hissed sourly.