ch. 28 ♩unrealistic.

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT:unrealistic

unrealistic.

"I feel so bad for what happened earlier," Armin sighed, sitting down on the fluffy bed sheets as he shrugged off his button-up shirt, revealing the black undershirt he wore underneath. He grabbed a nearby pillow and hugged it close to his chest before laying down on his back as he blankly stared up at the ceiling. "With my parents, I mean."

"I think I'd rather be called a slur or something. It's not your fault, though," You said softly, getting into the bed next to him and patting his arm, falling back onto the pillows like he did. "They're just a bit.. off, aren't they?"

"I don't get it," He huffed, rolling onto his side to face you, propping himself up on his elbow. "I appreciated Eren defending you, and I'm sure you did, too, but I couldn't help feeling like it was his fault. He's the one who lied and told me those things."

"I'm still not sure what even happened. Did I kiss him or not? It's a pain. But if I did, you dated Annie anyway, and nothing's changing that," You sighed, tugging at your nightclothes as you pulled your knees in with your arms, curling into a ball.

"If he's spinning this web of lies, I feel like he's jealous. That's it, isn't it?" Armin pondered, snapping his fingers as he came to a conclusion.

"Maybe he's using Floch to get back at us," You frowned. "Or perhaps he just wants a friend as weird and unpredictable as him."

His eyes shone with curiosity at the concept, blue specks of wonder dancing around as he looked you in the eye.

You opened your mouth to speak, but forgot what you were about to say as a grin grew on his face, distracting you completely.

He let out a small giggle. "Stop!"

You furrowed your brows at him. "Stop what, hm?"

"Stop looking at me like that! It makes me wish these three weeks were over already," He said, shaking his head as he tried to stop smiling at you. He groaned a little bit, putting his hands on his face to cover his smile.

"Well, you already introduced me to your parents as your girlfriend," You replied. "What's the point in waiting? "

"Well, you've got me there," Armin whispered, the realization dawning on him, an expression of embarrassment coming onto his face. "It's like some weird game that I hate playing, even if I did come up with it, because I'm going to be honest- there's been so many times this past month that I've just wanted to kiss you." He paused, slapping a hand over his mouth. "Gosh, that sounds creepy, doesn't it? It sounds creepy. Sorry."

"No, no, it's fine," You said, giving a small scoff as you rolled onto your back. Armin blew a stray piece of blond hair off of his forehead.

You could hear the noises of the TV from Jean and Marco's room next door, their voices chatting away happily. You sighed, folding your hands over your stomach as you lay in a heap of blankets.