ch. 34 ♩a doctor's visit.

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR:a doctor's visit

a doctor's visit.

That night, the low hum of the engine was the only other sound besides Armin's small giggles and your own pounding heartbeat as you both sat together in the backseat of your car, purpose for being there long forgotten.

His cold hands traveled from where they were tangled in your hair down to your hips, earning a shiver from you as he slightly pulled up the hem of your shirt, his fingers trailing along, just enough to graze your skin.

There was a certain way that Armin touched you, like you were a gift he couldn't bear to lose.

He touched you like you were breakable, looked at you like you were his lifeline.

His kisses were messy and affectionate, a certain intimacy to knowing that he was memorizing the way you felt, tasted, and looked, like he was afraid of losing you.

Dim white light was coming from a nearby lamppost, just barely illuminating the side of you both as he pulled away.

Armin's cheeks might have been a powdery red as you gently moved your thumb from his cheekbone to his jaw, before settling your arms in a hug around his neck.

No matter how many times you'd done this before, every time you were in physical contact with him, he'd blush like it was the first.

He exhaled, his tongue passing over his lips as he smiled. "You're so gentle," Armin said, a small laugh masking the slight quiver in his voice for a moment.

"I could say the same for you," You said softly, watching as he blinked a bit, a small quirk in the way he held his smile.

The engine hum felt louder. He just nodded, looking down at the seat.

You brought his chin up with your finger, making him look up at you. "What's wrong?"

He hesitated.