ch. 05 ♬ inclusion.

CHAPTER FIVE: inclusion

CHAPTER FIVE:
inclusion.

"Sorry for beating you. I bet those laps were agonizing." I apologized to Armin as he took spoonfuls of his soup.

"No, don't apologize! At least you didn't hit me like you did with Eren." Armin's eyes shifted to Eren sitting at the opposite end of the table. Eren had an ice pack taped to the middle of his face.

"I'm not really sorry, but I'll look rude if I don't apologize, which I don't want to, but I will, so- I'm sorry I slammed a dodgeball into your nose, Eren." I handed him my croutons from the side salad in a napkin.

"Nah, it's alright. I think I deserved it." Eren shrugged as he popped the croutons into his mouth.

Jean successfully initiated conversation with Mikasa a few minutes ago, so the rest of us were just awkwardly talking about whatever came to mind.

"So have you guys finished Professor Ackerman's homework yet?" Armin asked.

"Man, I haven't even started." Eren sighed and put his hands behind his head.

"I read about half of the book. I don't know how he expects us to write two pages." I shook my head.

"You think we can just Sparknote it? Like, they have all of those analysis things." Eren squinted.

"Ooh- good idea actually! I'm honestly probably going to just write some random philosophical stuff and hope he thinks I saw it in a deep way or something." I shrugged.

"Am I the only one who's actually going to try to read the entire book?" Armin panicked.

"I have homework for Mr. Berner too. I have to draw a self-portrait, and that won't take me a few minutes. I don't have the time to read an entire book about some whale and analyze it and write a two page essay and draw a self-portrait." I banged my head on the table, barely missing my bowl of pasta.

"I'm not too hungry. I'll be in the library." Armin picked up his tray.

"Wait up!" Eren followed. "I'm too dumb to understand the homework!"