ch. 30 ♩breaking points.

CHAPTER THIRTY:breaking points

CHAPTER THIRTY:
breaking points.

At the white-clothed table by the last window, sat Eren, Floch, Armin, and his ex-girlfriend, the first two barely sitting down.

"Sit, sit!" Pieck said happily, oblivious of your shock, gesturing to the seats that weren't taken. "Why didn't you respond to my text, though? We were starting to think you guys weren't coming."

Your eyes were wide as you made eye contact with the blonde woman next to Floch, her piercing blue eyes barely looking you over. By the look of her stare, she was just as surprised as you were.

"Y/N? Hello?" Klaus called in a sing-song voice, waving his hands around before playing with a stray black curl that hung in front of his eyes. "Anybody in there? Ha."

You watched as Annie poked Armin in the arm as she looked at you once again, but he didn't glance up from his phone until Eren pulled a small, leathery book with a (F/C) spine from his jacket, sliding it over the table to where the former couple sat.

Armin curiously picked it up from the table, running his fingers over the cover. He said something to Eren, who only tapped his index finger on the colored spine and shrugged.

Your breath hitched as you saw him open the cover, but Floch snatched it from his hands before he could flip a page.

"Y/N!" Marco said softly, following your line of sight to the other group and frowning.

"What is it?" Reiner said, glancing around.

"Right, right, er- sorry. It's nothing." You said as shook your head, trying to ignore the cold pit in your stomach - the anxious feeling of fear and sadness that scared the shit out of you. "Um- what's up?"

"What's up with you?" Zeke said pleasantly, smiling slightly.

"Nothing." You shook your head, debating on whether or not you should go and take your journal from Floch.

There were only lyrics to angry love songs you would never publish, and tidbits of your friends' problems; you weren't dumb enough to keep it as a diary, because otherwise there would be much more panic in you.