ch. 09 ♬ a lick of fame.

CHAPTER NINE: a lick of fame

CHAPTER NINE:
a lick of fame.

It was still dark outside, crickets creaking as the rain patterned violently on the balcony. The air was stale, as if it hadn't been flowing in and out of the vents like normal. I looked out of the nearby window and sighed. It'd been raining a lot lately, but I suppose that's normal for Trost.

I dragged myself into the bathroom, where I splashed water on my face and looked up at myself in the mirror. I sighed as I turned the knob of the shower. The hot water had begun to run out earlier due to the chilly weather, so I had to cut down my shower time to spare Mikasa from the hellish cold.

I went to check my notifications after I changed into a proper outfit. Then I remembered that my phone died on me yesterday night. Sadly, I had lent my charger to Eren before the dance. Stupid guy always forgot his things.

Mikasa didn't have the same model phone as I did, neither did Armin, or Jean, so I had to cope with a useless phone for a few hours. I was just about to flick on a lamp when I heard the familiar humming of the electricity die down. I opened my laptop. No wifi.

The power had went out.

I sat there for a moment.

What the hell am I supposed to do now?

I threw on my sweater and purse and ventured outside to the dark hallwa- okay, the hallways weren't dark. There was a single emergency light on at the end. I approached Hanji's room, swiftly walking down the slightly-muggy hall. She was almost always awake, perfect for sudden questions and comforting people with late-night breakdowns.

I was just about to knock when I heard another voice on the inside.

"Come on, Moblit, no one's here!"

"Hanji, I don't think we should- mph!"

I stiffened and stumbled as I tried to run away quietly.
I don't want to ever have to listen to that again. Ah, god-

I peered through the hall window to see a shrub whipping back and forth with the wind. And then I saw a lean boy aimlessly walking around the parking lot, eating a chocolate bar as he got drenched. I had too good of an idea of who it was.