ch. 11 ♬ the two-face.

CHAPTER ELEVEN: the two-face

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
the two-face.

"Uhm," I furrowed my brows. "What?"

The picture was a view of me and Jean in the rain. The awkward angle made it look like we were about to kiss.

"Dude," I muttered.

"That's- huh?" Armin said, peeking over my shoulder. He dropped his backpack, leaving it to thud on the floor. He made a sad noise close to a whimper.

"Are you and Jean like- dating? I thought he liked Mikasa- although he's been hanging around Marco a lot lately, not gonna lie," Connie puzzled.

"No! We're not dating! I don't like him that way, either! As for the Mikasa thing- he does," I shook my head. "I spotted him out walking in the rain crying, so I went out to comfort him. In a platonic way, obviously."

I paused to look at Connie ogling Jean's teary eyed expression. He pointed at my arms, which were around Jean's shoulders.

"Okay, well, the picture isn't on my side right now," I muttered. "But we were just hugging. He was crying, for god's sake!"

"This note is- ominous, to say the least," Connie said. "I mean, 'two-face'? That doesn't sound too good."

"I mean, they could always be referring to the fact that there's two faces in the picture, right?" Armin gave a nervous laugh.

"No, but like- it would've been around five-thirty AM here. Someone had to be awake and on the lookout to take this," I glanced outside of the hall window. "We should come inside, though. It's probably just some random student photographer."

"Are you sure?" Armin asked. "There's nobody out to get you?"

"Not that I know of," I shrugged.

"Probably a prank," Connie added.

"Yes, exactly."

I opened the door to my dormitory and let Armin and Connie in.

"You guys can sit anywhere," I said as I took a few drinks from the mini-fridge. "Except for Mikasa's bed, of course."