ch. 14 ♬ to y/n.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: to y/n

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
to y/n.

"I don't understand," Jean mumbled. "I just... I don't get it."

I felt a tear escape my eye as my friends and I descended the steps of Shingeki Academy's dormitory building, following Eren and Armin, who were practically joined at the hip as they walked.

"Y/N," muttered Mikasa.

"What?" I whispered, quickly rubbing the tears out of my eyes.

"Aren't you going to kiss him or something?" Mikasa said bluntly, wrapping her sweater around herself tighter. "This could be the last time you see him."

"You act as if he's walking off to his death, Mikasa," I laughed bitterly.

"Well, it might as well be the death of your love life," Jean said under his breath, shrinking down into his coat.

I punched him in the side, knocking him a step down. "Shut up."

"I'm serious," Mikasa prodded as Armin and Eren stopped in front of the yellow taxi that had arrived a few moments prior.

Armin shakily shoved his suitcase into the trunk of the car. Eren stood somberly at the last step.

Connie and Sasha came barreling out of the dormitories, slamming the doors open, and threw themselves at Armin for a hug.

Armin awkwardly hugged the two.

Sasha seemed to be squeezing him so hard that he couldn't breathe. He was steadily turning red.

Jean tugged at the collar of Sasha's jacket and shoved her away.

Eren hugged Armin tightly and said his goodbyes.

Mikasa jogged down and wriggled herself in the middle of the two boys.
They stepped aside a bit, nodding for me to come as well.

I continued walking down and threw myself into Armin's arms. Armin said nothing, only wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"I guess this is goodbye," I whispered, nuzzling my face into Armin's shoulder, a few tufts of blond hair tickling my cheek.

Armin pulled me away and put his hands on either side of my face. They were cold from the chilly weather, but there in his embrace it was the warmest I ever felt. He put his forehead on my shoulder and sighed.