ch. 35 ♩comfort and conspiracies.

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE:comfort and conspiracies

comfort and conspiracies.

"I'm home," You called out to no one in particular, hearing your own voice echoing throughout the house as you stepped through the doorway. You set your bag down on the floor and adjusted the collar of your shirt, stiff from the dried rainwater.

You turned back to look at Niccolo, who for some reason had decided to go home with you, even though 'home' was literally a five hour train ride away-and you were still confused as to why he was in Shiganshina in the first place.

He mustered an awkward smile. "I just wanted to make sure you got home safely... I'll just go now, and find a hotel or something since it's kind of late." He exhaled deeply, scratching the tip of his nose. "And let me know when you'll get Connie and Sasha to talk with me... we've got to set some things straight."

"Sure, I will; Connie has been heartbroken because of what you may or may not have done, and he's my best friend. I'm not letting him get hurt for no reason," You said, catching Niccolo's eye as he opened the door from behind him.

"Y/N, I swear I didn't do it."

"We'll see. But I there's no reason you should go hotel hunting at this hour... the guest room is free, and so is the entire basement now. Just do whatever, the house is about to be empty when it comes to people anyway."

"Not you giving him my room when I moved out yesterday," Jean's voice said lowly. He scoffed, walking right in front of you, holding a small calico cat in his arms. He gave an offhanded nod to Niccolo, as if he weren't there. "What's he doing here."

You glanced at Niccolo's hand on the door. "Honestly? No idea."

"And what's that on your head?" Jean asked, reaching out to touch your bandaged forehead.

You ducked last minute, though, so he ended up stabbing Niccolo in the face with a single finger.

"Why are we not talking about the fact that you're holding a literal cat in your arms?" Niccolo said, grabbing a handful of his shirt and vigorously rubbing his face with it, though completely missing where Jean had touched him. "You're holding a cat and you just touched my face with cat germs. I'm allergic to cats..."