ch. 13 ♬ the end of normality.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: the end of normality

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
the end of normality.

"So!" said Jean, shoving Sasha aside to get closer. "What are you gonna wear to your date???"

"I don't know," I shrugged, playfully throwing a pillow at Mikasa, who caught it and hurled it back at me with brutal force. "Jesus Chr- was that really necessary, Mikasa?"

"Date?" Connie said through a mouthful of chocolate.

"Armin asked Y/N on a date!" Sasha giggled.

"No, that's a lie," I said. "Jean asked me for him."

"Oh. That's stupid, Jean-boy."

"Well, I hope you're not going out in sweatpants and a hoodie, Y/N," Jean said with an accusatory tone.

"Why are you in my room again?" Mikasa said.

"We're Y/N's date squad!" Sasha said proudly. "It's our job to help her!"

"No? It really isn't?" I closed the closet.

"Well, fine. Embarrass yourself in that outfit," Jean scoffed.

"Y'know, I'm really this close to wearing this out of spite," I scowled.

"No!" Jean yelled.

I pulled out a dress. It was extremely frilly, and to be honest, I didn't remember even buying it. It was just.. there.

"Yes, that's perfect!" Sasha clapped enthusiastically.

I grinned and hurled it back inside, pulling out my favorite outfit instead. "You thought - "

"Y/N," Jean groaned.

"Sasha always wears t-shirts and leggings on our dates," Connie shrugged. "I don't see why Y/N shouldn't wear clothes she's comfortable in. Why are we even focusing on Y/N's mediocre appearance when we could focus on her nice warm insides?"

"You guys go on dates?" Jean said in confusion.

"Platonic," Sasha said, taking another bite of her chocolate bar. Connie nodded. "Anyway, speak, Y/N. You looked like you wanted to say something."