ch. 01 ♬ the road trip.

CHAPTER ONE: the road trip

CHAPTER ONE:
the road trip.

"Y/N! Y/N, wake up!"

"Ergh.." I grumbled.

"You're going to miss our trip, Y/N," A girl's voice called.

She shook me awake, hands briskly gripping my shoulders before rocking me back and forth rapidly.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up a little in bed, opening my eyes to the black-haired girl in front of me. She had a neutral expression on her face, but her lips had a slight upward curve to them, a fracture of a smile.

"Mikasa... why are you here?" I asked groggily.

Mikasa looked down at me, grimacing slightly as she patted my head.

"We're going to be late. Do you want us to leave without you?" She said as she looked down at her phone.

"God, what time is it?" I groaned, laying back down on my pillows with a relaxed sigh.

"It's 8:37. You should have about- twenty minutes?" Mikasa shrugged. "Anyways, Eren and Armin are coming with the van soon. Eren dropped me off here and went to go pick up Armin. He said he'd come back in about a half hour."

Oh my god.

"You're kidding. I thought we were leaving at 9!" I exclaimed, scrambling out of bed and throwing the thin covers back, grabbing my phone and looking at the screen.

I facepalmed, letting out a yell of annoyance.

I set my alarm for 7:15 P.M instead of A.M.

"Who even let you in??" I questioned as I ran into my closet and changed in the small space to avoid embarrassment, wriggling into my comfy (yet more presentable) clothes.

"I found the spare key," Mikasa said, sounding muffled outside of the closet door. The creak of the bed let me know that she laid down while I got ready.

I put on my outfit in a freakish hurry, going through the rest of my morning routine in record speed as I checked through my backpack and suitcase.

The rest of my things were already being mailed to Shingeki Academy. I took out a few items from my drawer- the things I needed throughout the day and couldn't really put away for a while.