ch. 26 ♩sounds of life.

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX:sounds of life

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX:
sounds of life.

You all walked behind Eren, Floch, and Mikasa as you furiously whispered about the two males and their idiocy. The airport was practically empty at this hour. It was late for a flight, but this was better. The night air felt crisp in your lungs as you spoke quietly, voices low and cautious. Even if you all very obviously didn't approve of Eren's actions, you weren't going to say it explicitly.

"I still can't believe he's done this," Armin whispered.

"He's lost his mind," Marco said in shock. "What the heck is he on?"

You shrugged, pulling along your rolling suitcase and scowling at the sight of Floch a mere twenty feet away from you and Armin.

"Is this some sort of new level of pettiness?" Jean wondered beside you, angrily chewing on his airport brand beef jerky. "Fuckin' jerk. He knows Floch isn't welcome around us. I wouldn't be surprised if the little rat has a herd of paparazzi lurking around the corne-"

"It's Jean Kirstein!" A girl's voice squealed, interrupting the male in midsentence. "Can I have your autograph?!"

Jean swallowed his jerky and put on his fanservice face. "Oh! Sure."

You stood idly by as you watched Jean pull out a large headshot picture and a pen (completely ignoring the girl's outstretched paper), and scribbling his loopy signature onto the side of it, where it wouldn't disturb his face. He finished writing his message and handed it to the girl. The girl, who had platinum-blonde hair and appeared to be a preteen, was practically dying as she slightly touched Jean's hand.

"Picture?" Jean said. The girl nodded and took out her phone.

Armin made a small 'pop' noise with his cheeks and bumped his hand against yours. You brushed your hand forward, and he let out a small nervous laugh before linking little fingers with you. His hands were just as cold and slender as you remembered them being, and just as taken care of as the rest of his belongings.

The blond took a particular indulgence in polishing his appearance, and in turn, himself, something that you found to be rare in males- especially when you lived around people like Eren and Jean. His fingers crept more and more over your hand, until they wrapped around yours completely, interlocking perfectly. Armin let out a small laugh and squeezed your hand, his nails softly grazing your skin.