Chapter 22: A Little Trip

Chaewon's POV

It has been exactly four days since Minjoo woke up and I couldn't be more than happy seeing her finally awake. We've waited for so many weeks for her to be back and now she's back, she really is.

I am happy, yes, but I can't help but feel a bit sad remembering the events that occurred four days ago. Me, confessing to Minjoo and Minjoo rejecting me.

Of course, I wouldn't lie. It hurts being rejected. I mean, who wouldn't be? But as I said to Minjoo before, I only wanted to let her know how I felt. I didn't tell her to date me or like me back. It was something that I have been feeling for a long time and I just wanted to let it out. I told her that without expecting anything in return.

Okay, well maybe, I did expect a little something. But it was just a little. I didn't get my hopes up as I didn't want to disappoint myself in the end. I'm glad I did that.

Even if Minjoo rejected me, it's fine by me as long as we're still friends. The most important thing for me right now is our friendship. As long as Minjoo will allow me to be her friend, I'll be happy with that.

I let out a sigh. A few seconds, I felt my phone vibrate, signaling I got a message. I got my phone beside me to check who the message was from. It was from Hitomi.

"Hitoma 🍑"
So, how are you holding up?

I told Yuri and Hitomi about what had happen the day I confessed to Minjoo. Both of them comforted me that time up until this day. I'm glad I have friends like them to look out for me.

Between the two, Hitomi is the one who checks on me a lot. For the past few days, she's been nothing but kind and patient to me. She's always there whenever I needed help or someone to talk to and she didn’t complain not even once about me turning to her all the time.

I feel happy having her by my side at times like this.

I still don't know it yet but whenever Hitomi comforts me about it, I almost suddenly feel a lot better. I can't understand why I'm feeling that way. Maybe it's because how we got closer in the last few months that made me feel this way.

I brushed those thoughts away to think of a good reply.

"Chaewonie <3"
Still... in the process. But I'm getting there.

It was still a bit hard for me but I'm trying my best not to be affected by it too much. Besides, I have my friends with me to help me get through it.

"Hitoma 🍑"
Oh, I see.

That was her first message after I replied. I thought she was done typing but then I received another message from her soon after.

"Hitoma 🍑"
I'm taking us somewhere. Make sure to be ready when I get there :)

I was a bit surprised at first. Hitomi doesn't usually ask me to hangout with her. It was normally me who asks first.

On the other hand, this will be a good distraction for me. I think that spending a day with Hitomi will make me forget what had happen and help me move on from things.

I sent a quick message to Hitomi, telling her that I'll be ready.

--

Hitomi and I took a train to get to the said place she has in mind. I think it has been almost an hour or two after we rode the train and we still haven't arrived yet.

An idea came to my mind. Maybe I should ask Hitomi about it. I tapped on Hitomi's shoulders for her to look at me. "Any clue on where we're going?" She looked at me as she let out a small laugh. "You'll know when we get there."