Chapter 25: Where Both Ends Meet

Minjoo's POV

"Ahn Yujin?" I asked the girl who was staring back at me. She was looking at me intently that made me squirm under her gaze.

I was too shocked to ask anything else other than saying her name. I couldn't look away either. We were both staring at each other, having a mini staring contest of our own. It was good enough that someone entered the room that made me look away from Yujin to see who went in.

Yujin being here was already a big surprise to me. Another surprise that came to me was seeing the girl after Yujin who entered the room. As the door opened again, there came a brunette girl who was also wearing a mask. She removed her mask after entering. It was someone whom I've been with for the past months. Specifically, Kang Hyewon.

"Hyewon unnie?" I asked, now looking at her and not at Yujin.

"Kim Minjoo." She replied. "We meet again." She gave me a small smile after finishing. She then looked at Yujin. "You got this?" She asked Yujin who was still looking at me.

Yujin just nodded her head at her. Hyewon seemed satisfied at her answer as she looked at me, then looked at Yuri who was sitting on the chair next to my bed, witnessing the whole interaction in front of her. She doesn't even looked surprise which is a bit odd to me as she's supposed to be right now, knowing that two of So Curious members are right in front of her and that they know me. Instead, she just looked back at Hyewon.

"Jo Yul, time to bolt." Hyewon told her, motioning the door with her head. Yuri stood up as both Hyewon and her went out the room, leaving Yujin and I in it.

Wait. Did I hear her right? Did she just call Yuri 'Jo Yul'? And when did they became close?

Speaking of which, I am left here alone with Yujin, the girl who has been in my mind for days now. I couldn't imagine her doing the same.

We both waited for each other to strike a conversation. I was sitting on my bed, just staring at her. While Yujin, she had her hands inside her pocket with her head hung low. She still wasn't saying any word to me since the moment she came.

I was about to speak when Yujin cleared her throat. She looked up after doing so. "You're Kim Minjoo, right?" She asked me, uncertainty laced in her voice.

"Yes..." I slowly say. I just realized one thing. She hasn't met me as me yet. For the time that she and I were together, I was in Wonyoung's body. It felt a little different hearing her calling me by my name and seeing me as I am.

After I answered her, silence filled the room again. "Can I talk to you about what happened?" She started, breaking the silence for the second time today. "You know, with you being Wonyoung and all." She added.

I knew I had to deal with this sooner or later the moment I saw her. But what would she want to talk about? Would she want me to forget about everything that has happened and pretend that it didn't exist in the first place? Or would she get mad at me for crossing Wonyoung's boundary and becoming her in the first place? Either way, it didn't make me feel any good. Whatever it was, she came here all the way from Seoul just to tell it to me herself.

"We can, but maybe not here. Let's head outside." I tell her, standing up and leading her outside the room.

--

I ended up bringing us to the hospital's rooftop. It was the perfect place for us to talk. Lucky for me this hospital has a rooftop garden. A place good for the nature lovers, people who wants to take a break from the hospital and also, a good place for people to talk.

There weren't any people around this time. It was almost dusk that made people, hopefully, stay in their rooms. I didn't want others to hear what the two of us will talk about, may it be good news or bad news. But I'm leaning more on the bad news side but still, a part of me wishes it to be a good news. But what good news am I expecting to hear?