Chapter 16: Hidden Feelings

Minjoo's POV

"Just please, don't break our Yujin's heart."

Hyewon unnie's words kept replaying in my head over and over again. Don't break her heart? How will I break her heart if she doesn't even like me for me? She likes Wonyoung and even if I did go back to my body, Wonyoung will remain the same. Yujin's heart won't be broken because she's still with her.

I sighed and rolled over to the side to try to get some sleep. I checked my phone to see what time it was. It was already past midnight and I'm still here, wide awake with no signs of being sleepy.

I sat down and ruffled my hair as I try to remember my conversation with Hyewon unnie earlier.

__________________

Flashback:

Hyewon unnie then let go off my shoulders after telling me not to break Yujin's heart. I looked down and nodded slowly. "I won't break her heart. If that's what you think how she feels towards me, then I promise not to hurt her." I looked up after saying that.

"Good." She smiles after saying before patting my back. "Just like what I said earlier, I'll find a way to get you back. For the meantime, just do your promise, okay?"

What she was saying still didn't make sense to me but I had to agree with her. I can't be the only one finding a way to go back to my body. I needed help, and Hyewon unnie being the one to help me doesn't seem like a bad idea.

"I will. Don't worry."

__________________

"Yujin can't possibly like me right? She likes Wonyoung of course! They've been close for as long as I can remember, even way before So Curious debuted. Yeah, that's it." I kept on telling myself.

Somehow, it assures me knowing it's the truth. At least, the truth I believe in. Another part of me wants to believe in Hyewon. If what she's saying is true, then it means there's a chance that Yujin could like me for me. But as I think about it more, the more I know that none of it is going to happen. Yujin can't like me as me, she likes me because I'm Wonyoung. And there goes my circle of thoughts again.

I shook my head as I began to hit it lightly with both my fists. There's only one thing that came to my mind when I think on what to do at this point. Hyewon unnie told me it wasn't the right solution but there's no other way. I can't stop Yujin being close to me as long as I'm Wonyoung and I can't seem to stop myself from falling for her too. "I'll avoid her then. That's it, that's my plan."

--

Chaewon's POV

It's already been weeks since Hitomi started to come with me every time I visit Minjoo. She doesn't seem to mind if I took too long in staying here and she even stays with me until I decide to go home. I tried to tell her that it was fine, but she insisted on coming,  not that I didn't want her to come. It just felt like she was doing this for me and I felt guilty about that.

I talked to her about this matter two days ago. She didn't even got mad and just smiled at me, telling me this is what she wanted. And I am thankful to her for that.

Having Hitomi around made the room brighter and even less gloomy. I tend to laugh when she cracks jokes, tells story about herself, and even threatens me that she'll tell Minjoo how sad and gloomy I was in front of her. Of course, I know she wouldn't do that. She's just saying that just to make me smile and feel less sad. And surprisingly, it's working.

We were walking down the corridor on our way to Minjoo's room after finishing one tutor session. "Ah, Chaewon." She asked me as I looked to her side. "Hmm?" I asked. "It seems like I've forgot my phone back at your house. Would you mind if I go and get it?" She seems hesitant in asking me if it's okay for her to retrieve her phone back at home.

"Hey, I don't mind. It's okay with me. Would you like me to come with you?" I asked her. I didn't want her to go back there again all by herself as it doesn't seem like a good idea as thugs can be seen near our street that time. "No no, it's fine. I'll be okay. Besides, we're already here. You can go to Minjoo now. I'll promise I'll be quick." She answers back.

I nodded my head at her before saying, "Okay. See you later." She started to walk back towards from where we came from as she was waving her hand at me while trying to look back. "See you later."

--

I entered the room and saw that there was no one there. I always visit her around this time so I knew no one was there. Minjoo's mom knew about this so she tends to run errands and do things from work when I visit. Minjoo's dad was busy and all so he couldn't really visit every time but still tries to do so. It was up to me to take care of Minjoo during this hours when everyone else was busy.

I went near Minjoo's bed and fixed the blanket that was over her as it was getting crumpled. "Oh Minjoo, look at you. You didn't really like your things getting crumpled. Why would you let this happen? Aish." I knew she couldn't hear me but I try to converse with her as normally as possible as if she was right here and awake by my side.

Knowing there's no response, I look up to see her face. "Ah, Hitomi isn't here since she left her phone back home. She went back to get it. Don't worry, she'll come back soon." Still, no response. I sigh to myself before going to the other side of the room to fix the things that her visitors gave her as well as the withering flowers next to her bed.

"Seems like your dad hasn't visited yet. These flowers are starting to wilt." I removed the flower from the vase and placed it in the trashcan inside the bathroom. "Would you like me to bring you some flowers for tomorrow Min?" Even though I didn't get an answer, I still nodded my head at my question.

"Okay, I'll remind myself to go buy some flowers first before going here tomorrow." I chuckled silently. I looked at her once again. She still looks the same even before she got into a coma. The only thing that was different was that she lost weight and she became more pale than usual. But, it didn't stop me from seeing how beautiful she looked even if she did change.

I placed my right hand on her left cheek as I began to caress it. "Minjoo, I know you're in there. You've just been sleeping for a long time. Don't you think it's time to get up?" I told her jokingly as tears started to form in my eyes. "Everyone misses you already. Your mom is waiting for you every day. She doesn't get enough rest already because she always looks out for you first. Yuri, she doesn't have anyone to share her recently watched dramas as she knew I wouldn't be that much interested as you are. Our friends, our teachers, people in our class, they all want you to come back. Most importantly," I took a deep breath put before continuing. "I really miss you Minjoo. I want you back so so much. Please come back."

I tried to stop myself from crying because I promised not to cry anymore. But looking at myself right now, that seems impossible. I removed my hand from Minjoo's face as I held both her hands with my own. "I haven't had the chance to tell you this when you were awake but..." I hesitated if I should tell her or not. I didn't have the courage to tell it to her back then but now I want to say it, even if I know she wouldn't hear me.

"I like you Minjoo. I always have. I didn't want to tell you this back then as I was afraid of how you'll react. But looking at how things turned out, I realized I didn't want to lose you and every time with you is precious. So please, will you wake up now so I can show you how much I like you?" And there it goes, I started crying once again. I just couldn't help it. I miss her and I want her to come back now, even if I knew it wasn't going to happen.

--

Hitomi's POV

"So please, will you wake up now so I can show you how much I like you?" I heard Chaewon say from inside the room. I already got back from getting my phone. I was about to go inside but stopped in doing so as I heard Chaewon talking to Minjoo.

Hearing what she said somehow made my heart hurt. She really does like Minjoo. What did I expect? I put my right hand over my chest as I  began to clench it. My eyes started to become watery but I stopped myself from crying.

I sniffled before taking a peek inside the room to see Chaewon who was already done talking. I closed the door quietly before leaning against it.

"I don't like waiting. But if waiting means having you, then I'll wait until I have you."

----------------

A/N: Thoughts on this chapter?