Chapter 13: Breads, Hospitals, and You

Hitomi's POV

The tutoring session I offered on Chaewon taking went pretty well. We're already in our 4th session after two weeks.

"Oh, I get it now. It's not even that hard." Chaewon chuckles before closing the notebook in front of her.

"I told you it wasn't that hard." I tell her, fixing my stuff, preparing to leave.

"Well, it only became easy thanks to you. If you didn't help me I would probably be at Yuri's house... still not getting it." She said with a straight face before she ended up laughing.

"Yuri's not that bad. She just needs to... listen more to the teacher." I tell her as she nodded her head.

"Yeah, she probably does." She said, chuckling. She stood up as she also started fixing her things. I stood up after finally fixing my things as I put my bag over my shoulder.

"You ready to leave now?" Chaewon asks me. "Mhm." I answered back. "Oh wait." Chaewon suddenly said. "I forgot the bread."

After saying that, she hurriedly went to the kitchen only to be back with a nicely wrapped bread. "Here." She gave me the bread and also a small smile.

"Thanks, let's go?" I ask. Chaewon nodded her head as we went out her house, going on our way.

I forgot to mention, ever since we continued this tutoring session of ours, Chaewon has been walking me home. Whether if it's just me waiting for the bus or me literally walking home when there is no bus left, Chaewon comes with me. I tried to tell her that I can go home on my own but she insisted on coming with me. She said it's her little way of showing her gratitude to me in return for me teaching her.

It's not that I don't want her coming with me or walking me home, it's just that I've noticed Chaewon hasn't been having enough rest lately. After her walking me home, she still wouldn't go home and rest. She goes somewhere else before heading straight home. I don't know where she goes before then but I want her to rest.

How did I know this? I tried calling her house one time after leaving a book there and her brother answered. I tried to ask for Chaewon but he said she wasn't home yet. I didn't want to intrude in her business so I never asked her about it.

We were now walking towards my house as I didn't wanna take the bus today. Chaewon seemed to be confused at first, but ended up agreeing anyways. I didn't know why I didn't take the bus today. There's just something telling me that I wanted to have Chaewon's presence for today even longer than her just dropping me of the bus. I didn't even now why I wanted this.

Thinking this was the perfect time, I looked at her to finally ask the question that's been in my mind for days. "Chaewon unnie..." I started. "Hmm?" She looked at me. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure, go ahead." She says. "After our sessions you walk me home right?" She nodded, still continuing to walk. "I noticed that you don't go straight home after that. Where do you go before then?"

Something in my question must have struck her. She looked down as she stopped walking. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to intrude--"

"I go to the hospital before going home." She suddenly said, cutting me off. I furrowed my eyebrows as I didn't know who was she visiting. After a moment, it struck me. She was visiting Minjoo, her friend.

"I've been going there after school since the day she had coma. I didn't want to skip our sessions as I knew I wouldn't be able to understand the lessons if I did. So I decided to go there after. I may not have enough rest, but... it works for me." After saying the last word, she looked up at me. A sad expression was evident in her face.