Chapter 8: What Happened?

Chaewon's POV

I was seating outside on one of the hospital chairs, waiting for the doctor and Minjoo's mom to finish. They were inside the room, talking about what might have happened to Minjoo. I was patiently waiting outside for them to finish.

I sighed to myself after remembering what happened earlier. Minjoo didn't wake up. I tried everything for her to wake up, but nothing worked. Still, no response from her until we reached the hospital.

As I was about to go into a deep thought again, Yuri came. She sat on the seat next to me. I had my head down, not daring to look at her.

"Hey, I heard what happened to Minjoo. Is she okay now?" She asked. I looked up to see her giving me a sad expression.

"I still don't know Yul. Her mom and the doctor are still inside. I'm not sure yet what might've happened." Yuri nodded in response as she stayed next to me to wait for Minjoo's mom and the doctor to come out.

A few more minutes when they both came out from the room. The doctor bid his goodbye to Minjoo's mom as well as Yuri and I who stood up as they went out the room. We bowed in response.

"Mrs. Kim, what did the doctor say? Is Minjoo going to be fine?" I asked Minjoo's mom who was still shocked of the whole situation.

She sighed before answering, "Yeah, the doctor said she'll be fine. Based from the results, she's in a coma but they still haven't found what caused it. They said she might have hit her head on something or her brain developed an infection although they aren't sure yet."

Hearing this made me sigh as Minjoo's mom added, "Did anything happen last night between the two of you? You were one of the few people who saw Minjoo awake right?"

"I wish I knew what happened but, nothing did. She was looking fine and happy yesterday. Nothing bad happened to her yesterday." I tried to recall the happenings from last night, trying to remember if anything bad happened but I know nothing did. I made sure Minjoo felt nothing but happiness last night, guess I didn't do my job right.

Minjoo's mom nodded before answering, "Okay, I understand."

Yuri stepped in and asked, "Uhm Mrs. Kim, can we go see Minjoo?" Mrs. Kim's eyes widened as she answered, "Oh yes yes, of course." She went out of the way to let Yuri and I in.

Upon entering the said room, I was greeted by a heartbreaking sight. Minjoo was laying down on a hospital bed, wearing a hospital gown with a tube on her mouth to support her breathing. I stopped myself from breaking down on the spot as I didn't want them to see me cry.

"I know it's hard to see Minmin this way but we won't be able to do anything for her right now. All we can do is to stay strong for her and wait for the day she'll wake up." Minjoo's mom said to us. We nodded in response as we went near Minjoo. I sat on the chair next to her bed while Yuri was standing up.

Minjoo's mom cleared her throat. "I have some things to attend to and I'll also need to tell her father about this. Would you mind if you two watch Minjoo for a while?" She asked, hesitating a bit.

"No, not at all." I looked at her as I smiled. Minjoo's mom gave us a small thanks before going on her way.

I looked at Minjoo who was in front of me. I held my hand out to caress her cheek. It was still as soft as ever but it isn't as warm as before. Her body's temperature has changed after being in a coma, making the girl in front of me look lifeless.

My eyes began to water as I let my tears fall. Yuri went to my side as she rubbed my back. "There, there. Let it all out. Everything's going to be okay."