Chapter 17: For the Best

Minjoo's POV

The last few days before the second concert was really tiring. Rehearsals kept on going as they wanted to change the setlist for the next stop and Hyewon unnie and I kept on doing things that could help me return to my body back again.

Every after rehearsals, Hyewon unnie and I would stay late "experimenting". It was a rare case so there wasn't much info of it in the internet even when we tried to look it up. For the last few days we tried different bunch of things, doing weird poses that Hyewon found in the internet that says will work that we later found out was just a meme, lighting up 15 candles that almost burned the curtains down, speaking weird chants that didn't go unnoticed by Eunbi unnie who thought we were cursing, and finally making a drink that will supposedly help me return to my body. The drink consisted of weird ingredients such as blue cheese, rain water, a pinch of salt, and many more that I couldn't remember.

The drink was really nasty that I couldn't bring myself to drink it. I waited for at least a good ten minutes before having the courage to do so, but not when Yena unnie went out in her room looking for something to drink. She ended up gulping down the drink Hyewon and I made without realizing what it was. And all I can say, was that it did not end well. She missed a whole day of practice because of a stomach ache. Because of that, I've concluded that the drink was a big no no.

If I don't find a way to get back to my body soon, who knows how long will I stay here. Days? Weeks? Months? Or even years? Aigoo, I don't want to think about it that much and just focus for today. Today was the day for the second concert, the one in Ulsan. I tried my best to regain myself and just focus on doing well for the concert today. I can't let Wonyoung down.

I put a smile on my face as we were already standing on the platform. A few seconds from now, fans will be visible to us. I looked to my left and saw Yujin. She gave me a big smile, similar from the last smile that she gave me last concert. I wanted to give her a big smile too, but something inside me told me not to do so. Instead, I gave her a small smile instead before avoiding her gaze.

A few seconds passed, the platform started to raise as we were greeted with roaring cheers. With an unsettling feeling, I did my best to perform well for the second concert.

--

"Thank you Ulsan!" We shouted into the mics before bowing as the stage started to close. Same with the last concert, everyone was in a good mood as another concert was finished well with no problems. We refreshed ourselves first backstage and changed our clothes into a comfy one, preparing ourselves to go home.

We were heading into the van as Eunbi unnie was in the front leading us. I noticed Yujin was trying to catch up to me so I fasten my pace as I went near Eunbi unnie's side. I took a side glance and saw Yujin slowing down. She didn't try to catch up with me anymore as she tried to converse with Yena unnie.

Reaching the van, the members started to enter. Yujin then entered before me as she was expecting I'll go in next, but instead I let Yena unnie go first. I then went after her which made Yena unnie in the middle of Yujin and I.

From the side, I could see Yujin staring at me then looking ahead. A small frown was evident in her face. Seeing her like that made my heart ache a little. I knew I wanted what she liked, to be able to sit next to each other, but I knew what I'm doing was for the best. I just hope she doesn't notice what I am trying to do.

--

After the long trip, we finally made it back to the dorms. I was heading straight into my room as I heard Yujin call out. "Hey, Wonyoungie." I took a breath in and out before facing her. "Hmm?" I asked her with both of my eyebrows raised.