Chapter 10: Lunch Time

Chaewon's POV

Waiting for the bell to ring on the last period before lunch felt really slow. I was in History, my last period before then. I was waiting anxiously for the time to be over so that I could go to lunch soon and to return a favor for someone.

My leg was bouncing up and down at a constant speed as I looked at the clock. "Just one more minute." I told myself, getting ready to prepare my things.

After what felt like an eternity, the bell soon rang. I stood up from my seat to put away my stuff. I made sure not to forget my things from chemistry class for Hitomi to teach me.

I was already outside the door when I've realized something. I didn't know what class Hitomi was in. I didn't ask her what class she'd be in before lunch and I didn't even got her number for me to be able to know her whereabouts.

I sighed to myself, frustration starting to build up in me. There is no way I can find her in a cafeteria full of students.

I was tapping my shoes on the floor thinking on what to do when someone familiar passed by me. She went out the room I was in, meaning we had the same class. I could've sworn I saw her somewhere before.

That's when I realized she was Hitomi's seatmate earlier in chemistry class. I started to quicken my pace to catch up to her before she could even go further.

"Oh hey, excuse me." She looked up from her phone as I called her. "You're Hitomi's seatmate from chemistry class, right?"

"Yes, that would be me." She showed me a bright smile after saying that. "Oh uhm... I was wondering if you could tell me what class she's in now? I kinda have something to do with her right now and I thought it would be a good idea if I pick her up from her last class." I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. We weren't really close and I don't even know her name even if we were in the same class which made it even more awkward.

"Sure." She said, "By the way, your name's Chaewon isn't it?" She added.

"Yeah, and you're... err..." Oh no, I don't know her name. Come on Chaewon, remember her name. You've seen her before, right?

She chuckled before speaking, "No worries. The name's Nako." She pats my head, or at least tried to since I was a lot taller than her.

"Oh okay. Also sorry for not knowing your name, Nako. I'm not really good with remembering names."

"It's fine." She tells me before putting her phone in her bag. "Oh and Hitomi's class is this way. Follow me." She started to walk ahead of me that made me follow her.

--

After a few minutes of walking, we arrived at the only room that still has its students inside. It was already lunch time but their class seems like it's not yet over already.

"Here we are. Hii-chan's class." Nako says while giving me a small smile. She must've noticed the confusion written on my face as she adds, "Oh, don't worry. She said they had a quiz today that's why the teacher isn't letting them out yet. It happens all the time." She assured me. I nodded my head in response.

I took a peek at the door and saw a few students already standing. It must mean their class is almost finish now. Turns out, I was right. After a good 30 seconds, student began to file out the room with Nako and I outside.

"Ughh...that quiz was hard. I totally forgot that we had a quiz." A familiar voice said that caught my attention. I waited for the person to come out the room to know who it was.

"Yuri?" I asked with wide eyes. "You're in this class too?" I told her as she went out the room with Hitomi right by her side.

"Ah, Chaewon. I didn't know you'd come pick me up. And yes, I'm in this class. Haven't I mentioned that before?" She looked at me confused.