Chapter 23: Laughs and Giggles

Minjoo's POV

Staying inside this hospital room felt like forever. At least, that's how I feel now that I'm awake but it's really just been a week.

The doctor said that I needed to stay here for at least a couple more days for a thorough check-up and to make sure that I'm all good before they let me go home.

Because of that, I still haven't been able to go to school. I've been missing a lot of school works ever since I got into coma and still, I couldn't do any of it that much since I'm stuck in this building.

It's a good thing I have friends who looks out for me. Chaewon and Yuri comes over everyday to help me catch up with my school works. Sometimes Chaewon visits alone, sometimes it's just Yuri, and sometimes it's the both of them; depending on their schedule.

Oh, and will you look at the time. They should be arriving around this time.

I heard a knock at the door as it was opened. Yuri peeked her head in, checking if there was anyone else in the room besides myself. As expected, Yuri's already here.

"Come in." I tell her. She smiled at me as she enters. I noticed the pile of papers that she was holding.

She grabbed the chair next to my bed, scanning through the papers that she brought. She then let out a deep sigh.

"Sorry to say Minjoo, but you'll be working real hard for this project." She tells me as she gave me a sad look.

"You remember our chemistry teacher?" She asked. I nodded my head at her. "The thing is he got mad at some students who blew up the room earlier with their little experiment. Because of that, he decided to give us a bunch of paper works to make up for what they did. He decided to give all of us an assignment when we weren't even involved with that in the first place!"

Yuri groaned after finishing. "Now, I have to do these stupid assignment instead of doing nothing." Yuri then looked at me with a pout on her face.

I chuckled at her. "Hey, don't worry. You and I can finish this and besides, I've got nothing to do here besides using my phone and spacing out. This will be a good way to kill time."

Looking at Yuri, I forgot to ask her about Chaewon earlier. I decided to ask her just now. "Oh Yul, I forgot to ask, where's Chaewon by the way?"

Yuri seemed to think for a second. "She told me today's her tutoring session with Hitomi so she couldn't come. Maybe they're staying over at her house again to study."

I smirked at Yuri who just looked at me. "If I'm not mistaken, didn't they have a session last two days ago? You're telling me that they're having another one today?"

Yuri rolled her eyes. "I said the same thing to Chaewon earlier but she didn't even pay attention to me." She then let out a sigh. "Just let them do whatever they want. They're both grownups now anyway."

"Yeah, I guess so. But we might have to ask Chaewon about it the next time she comes here." I said, wiggling my eyebrows at Yuri while still wearing my smirk earlier.

Yuri laughed at that. "Good idea."

"Okay," I said, clapping my hands together. "Can I have the papers now, Yul. It's better if I do it right now while you're still here to help me."

Yuri gave me the papers she was holding. As soon as she did, her phone vibrated. She took it out from her pocket and looked at it. She smiled as soon as she saw what it was then suddenly, her expression turned into her thinking face.

"Oh and Minjoo, this is Gunsan Medical Center, right?" I didn't know why she suddenly asked me that after looking at her phone, but I decided to give her my answer.