Chapter 14: Movie Night

Minjoo's POV

It has already been a week after the concert and I still haven't found anything to help me get back to my body. Don't get me wrong, I like being in this body, really, but I can't stay for too long knowing I'm depriving someone from living their life.

The next concert wasn't until next week so we just had a two day rehearsal after the first concert. One rehearsal yesterday and one for today. We were already done rehearsing as I made my out the practice room with a water bottle in hand.

I didn't exactly have a place in mind on where to go after rehearsing but I knew I needed to take a rest from this idol life. That's why I went out the practice room and  go into wherever my tired limbs could take me.

Now that I've noticed, I haven't really explored this company building that much. It always goes like this: practice room, cafeteria, rest, then practice room again. I never really got the chance to check what other rooms they have here.

Going to the staircase and onto the next floor, I went. There was nothing much interesting about the other rooms. Just a bathroom, the recording studio, the room of the staff, and things like that.

I was about to go back to the practice room since nothing peaked my interest when I saw a glass door to my right. I peeked inside the room and saw various of instruments laying there. I looked at the sign that said, 'Music Room'.

I pushed the door slightly, hoping it wasn't locked. Luckily, it wasn't. I slowly traced my hand over the instruments that they have here. They have everything. From acoustic guitars to electric, a flute, a kalimba, a triangle, a tambourine, just about any instruments I can name, they're all here.

Out of all the instruments in the room, one instrument in particular caught my attention. It was the grand piano standing in the middle of the room. I looked at it first deciding if I should play or not. I was a bit reluctant at first since I didn't know if I could play it since it was the company's property but in the end, I thought about playing it since I'm part of the company, right?

I slowly sat down on the chair and put my water bottle on the floor. Carefully, I raised the piano's hood and the keys greeted me. I tried to play one chord to check if it was on tune and good thing, it was.

I stretched my hands first before also stretching my neck ever so slightly. I breathed in and out before starting to play.

The keys felt really nice on my fingertips. The sound of the grand piano was elegant and relaxing. I haven't been able to play the piano ever since last summer when my piano broke. My mom promised to fix it before school starts but I'm guessing she forgot about it.

I played the one piece I wrote when I was in first year high school. It was the very first piece that I created and the very first one that I played in front of my friends and family. Right now, at this moment, I want to forget everything around me and just focus on this. Remembering all the good times I've spent with them and the first moment I've played in front of others.

At that moment, I didn't know that there were already people watching me. Not until I heard an applause after finishing.

"Wow, Wonyoungie. Where did you learn how to play like that?" Eunbi unnie said, now standing in front of me together with the other members right beside her.

I looked down, feeling my cheeks heat up as I scratched the back of my head before answering. "I was just looking at some videos the other day and found a really good song on the piano and wanted to try it." I told them. I forgot that Wonyoung doesn't play the piano. I do, but I forgot she doesn't.