Chapter 12: D-Day

Minjoo's POV

The concert day came really quick as we were now already in the concert venue in Seoul. I've never been to any concert venue before so all of this was new to me.

I was trying to put the mic on me but it seemed like I didn't know how it works. It has a long wire which I'm not sure where it's supposed to be placed. I tried putting it behind my back while putting the mic in front. It ended up being tangled than the mic being on me.

"Here, let me help you with that." Someone from behind me said. I figured the voice belonged to Yujin.

My body immediately froze but I managed to hand her the mic. "So, how are you doing?" She asked me. "About being in the venue and all."

I thought for a good second before answering, "Surprisingly, I'm doing fine. It's our first time in a concert venue but I feel fine. Can't wait to perform." I told her, faking enthusiasm.

Yujin held my shoulders and made me face her. "If you ever need something, you can ask me for help." She gave me a smile as I nodded. "I will."

--

My palms were literally sweating even if we were just about to start rehearsals. We arrived at the venue at 9am to start rehearing. The concert wasn't going to start until 5pm and there'll be a mini fan meet at around 2pm which made us arrive to the venue a lot earlier than expected.

I was shaking my hands to get rid of the sweating. We were standing on the stage as rows and rows of seats were in front of us. I imagined what it would look like if they were people there. Thinking of that made me even more nervous.

"Places everyone." I heard one of the staff said. The opening song for the concert was AYAYAYA. I've been studying every move since the very first day of rehearsal to get it right.

As the song played, I felt my body moving to the rhythm. Every move, every change in formation, I nailed it. I didn't really knew I would pull this off. I tried dancing it once in front of Yuri and it was bad, real bad. That's why I didn't try to dance it in front of anyone anymore. Well, except for today since I really need to dance. What kind of performer am I if I wouldn't dance?

Song after song, our rehearsals continued. "Okay!" I heard our manager called. "That's it for rehearsals. You girls go ahead and take a break. The fan meet will start in two hours.

Everyone was literally catching their breath, same as me who has never done something like this. The staff gave us water as we all sat down on the couches backstage.

"Nice work, everyone." Eunbi unnie said at the tired girls in front of her. Everyone cheered weakly as I continued drinking my water. It still haven't occurred to me that I'll be performing live later. Even if I try not to think about it, I still feel nervous every time it crosses my mind.

--

We gave our thanks to the staff who made the mini fan meet possible. It was already 3:30pm when the fan meet ended.

Experiencing the fan meet made me feel a lot less nervous for later. Seeing the people who adores and love So Curious, made me really happy. They had tons of fans and it made me realize that I should give a better performance for them later. I wouldn't want the fans' effort to go to waste.

"Ok girls, you can proceed to hair and make up now. We have to get you ready for the concert." Our manager said as the seven of us were already in a rush to get ourselves prepared. The concert was getting near and near. I just hope I'll do well.

--

At 4:50pm, we were already prepared to go on stage. I can hear the noises of the people inside the concert venue even if I was backstage. Still, my palms started to sweat.

I felt a pair of eyes staring at me as I looked at that direction. It was Yujin. She gave me a thumbs up and showed me a big smile. My nerves started to relax seeing her smile like that. I smiled back at her, giving her a thumbs up.

The crowd's cheer started to increase as the lights turned off and our VCR played. We were now standing on the elevating stage, waiting for the video to finish before being on stage for the concert to officially start.

I breathed in and out while telling myself, "You can do this, Minjoo. Do it for the fans. Do it for Wonyoung."

The video finished as I felt the platform move. A few seconds after, we were already on the stage. The crowd erupted in cheers as soon as they saw us and on cue, the music started playing. Meaning, it was officially the time that the concert started.

--

Adrenaline came running through me throughout the concert. I did well on every song that was thrown to me. Days of hardwork paid off as the end was nearing.

The intro for our ending segment played. It was the last song before the concert is finally over. Until the end, the members and I did really well.

We held each other hands and gave the crowd one final bow before we went backstage as the stage closed. And after that, our first concert for the year was finally done.

The members were happily walking to the dressing room backstage. Some were jumping up and down from excitement, Yena unnie and Yujin to be exact. Some still couldn't believe that we had our first concert, especially Chaeyeon unnie who was crying after it.

I couldn't stop my tears too from falling. Maybe it was the fact that it felt so great performing out there, knowing that those people there adores and loves me. It felt really good.

I looked at my side and saw Yujin hugging Yena while bouncing up and down. As soon as they stopped, Yujin looked at me and once again, gave me the biggest smile I have seen from her.

Being here is surreal and it is nothing I could ever imagine. This is the life I've dreamt about. Being famous, having people love you, being around with the best people.

But there's only one problem... I can't continue living this life and sooner or later, I need to find a way to get things back to normal.

No matter how much I like living this life, this life isn't for me to live in.

----------------

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. It was somehow supposed to be longer but I didn't know what else to add and school has been pretty hectic lately. Still, thank you for reading this chapter <3

Also, would you guys still want me to continue this story? I'm a bit down and I'm not really sure if I should continue this or not. A few feedbacks from you guys would be nice and if you can give me words of encouragement, I would like that :)

That's all for this chapter, until the next update!!