Chapter 16 What will happen with Madeline

The next morning Gnomeo and Juliet were up early and they got ready for the court date they then went to check on the garden.

''Mum, dad?'' They turned to see Orchid there.

''Hey sweetheart your up early.'' Juliet said picking up her little girl.

''Yeah can I go with you guys?'' Asked 5 year old Orchid.

''Sorry sweetie but you can't. But you will be staying with grandmum and grandpa.'' Gnomeo said.

''Ok then.'' She got down going to get Shroom.

Gnomeo and Juliet watch her. ''She looks like you more and more everyday.'' Gnomeo smiles.

''She takes after you though.'' Juliet said.

They checked on the garden. ''Ok I'll go get Madeline and you can get Damien.'' Juliet said.

''Fair enough.'' He said.

Gnomeo went into see his son sitting up smiling at him.

''Good morning son.'' He said going over and picking up his son.

Damien giggles and pulls on his daddy's beard.

''Take it easy son one day you will have a beard as well now lets go see mummy and then girls are up to.'' He said.

Damien cooed.

Juliet went into Madeline and Orchid's shared room and saw Madeline looking out the window. ''Hey there.'' Juliet said going over to the young girl.

''Hey Juliet.'' She said.

''What's the matter?" The older gnome asked.

''What's gonna happen to me after this? Will I go and live with my dad again or will they place me somewhere far away?'' She asked.

''I don't think so we'll take you on.'' Juliet said.

''Are you sure I mean I know Gnomeo wasn't too happy last night.'' She said.

''It was aimed at me not you and I know he wants you here.'' She said hugging the girl. ''And I won't let your dad hurt you.'' Juliet said.

''Its not me I'm worried about its you. Daddy has this werid urge or feeling for you, he doesn't care about me.'' She said.

Gnomeo was right outside the door listening and he was correct Juliet could be in danger and this was just the fuel to the fire.

''All I care about is you Madeline, your dad will get over it now lets get ready we got to go to court today to see what your dad gets.'' Juliet said.

''Ok.'' She said.

The door opened and in came Gnomeo. ''There you two are.''

Madeline hugged Gnomeo. ''Morning.'' She smiles.

Later that morning Gnomeo, Juliet and Madeline went to the courthouse where they saw Marcus sitting down.

The judge was there giving his sentence. ''Mr. Fuller you are here because you beat up your little daughter how do you plead?''

''Guilty your honor.'' He said sadly.

''I've viewed the video evidence and I have come to say you will spend a month in jail and after your release you will be taken an anger management for a year and your child will be taken away and placed in a home this is the ruling.'' The judge banged the gravel. ''Next case.''

Marcus looks at Madeline with Gnomeo and Juliet. ''I'm sorry Madeline and believe me I love you.'' He said as he was taken away.

A case worker came over to Madeline and the couple. ''Hello guys I'm Casey Miller.'' The lady said.

''Pleasure I'm Gnomeo and this is my wife Juliet Bluebury.'' He said shaking her hand.

''Wait Bluebury..  a red and a blue weren't you two in a feud at one point?'' The lady asked.

''Our parents were yes we actually put an end to it and we brought peace.'' Juliet said.

''Its an honor to meet you guys and well how would you feel about keeping her?" Asked Casey.

''We would love it she comes over quiet a bit.'' Gnomeo said.

''Alright here we go sign these papers and she is your foster child.'' The lady said.

Gnomeo signed the paper and then they went home with Madeline.

Their family was waiting for them. ''So how did it go?'' Asked Redbrick.

''Well you can called her your granddaughter because she is now our foster child.'' Juliet said.

The grandparents were happy. ''Wait your my big sister?!'' Shouted Orchid.

''Yes I am.'' Madeline laughed. 

Orchid hugged her and Damien came crawling over to her hugging her leg.

''Welcome home Madeline.'' Juliet said.

Gnomeo and Juliet smiled both happy.

Here we go sorry its short but more to come and will focus on Gnomeo and Juliet with their family. I do not own the artwork.