Chapter 9 A Hurting Heart

Madeline was sad she was in her room crying she had just gotten done with a fighting with her dad. She looked out her window and sniffed.

''Why does daddy hate them?'' She asked herself.

There was a knock at the door and it opened and in came Abigail, Madeline looked down and frowned.

''Hey kiddo.'' She said sitting on the edge of the bed.

''What?'' She asked.

''Look I don't know what I did but please can't you give me a chance I'm not that bad.'' Abigail said gently rubbing the 10 year old girl.

''No then why do say you love dad when your all over Gnomeo?'' She asked.

''Its just to mess with Juliet and besides we are friends.'' Abigail said.

''Really because the last time I saw Juliet she was crying all because of you.'' Madeline said.

''Look we are all done with Gnomeo and Juliet, I'm better then you think and tomorrow you and me are gonna hangout tomorrow.'' Abigail said.

''I don't want to hangout with you, there is nothing for us to do and all you care about is looking good.''She said.

Abigail was annoyed. ''Look here Madeline I'm trying to be nice but its hard when you won't let me.''

Madeline looked away, she didn't tell them but she heard them making love and it bothered her. Abigail left.

Later that night Madeline was getting ready for bed when her dad came in.

''Maddie?'' He asked.

''Yes.'' She said.

''Look I'm sorry for yelling at you but you worried me running off like that without telling anyone what would of happened if you got kidnapped?'' He asked.

''I don't know start a new life but Gnomeo and Juliet aren't gonna do that.'' She said.

''I know but its best you stay away from them they aren't worth your trouble.'' He said.

''Not worth it for you? Daddy I like Gnomeo and Juliet and the family they are sweet and Juliet treats me like a daughter, I feel sometimes she is like my mom and she is way more fun then Abigail.'' Madeline said.

''Yes I know that if I could I would date Juliet and marry her so she could be your mother but as you say she is taken and I don't want to get into it with that blue.'' He growls.

''Daddy Gnomeo is the sweetest guy he loves his family and he is around he pays attention to me whenever I'm over he listens to me and he is a great guy.'' She said.

Marcus was mad at this all he ever heard was Gnomeo this and Juliet this. ''So you don't think I'm being a good dad is that it?'' He asked glaring at his daughter.

''You work daddy and your with Abigail a woman who wants nothing more then to mess with Gnomeo and Juliet, you guys don't love each other you only doing this so you can plot how to break Gnomeo and Juliet up its horrible dad and you aren't around and you throw me to Abigail forcing us to be close!'' She shouted.

''It is for your own good I love you Madeline and I am trying you don't think its hard without your mom but this is the way it is I need love too you know.'' He said.

''Your not in love dad its just pure lust I've heard you guys you don't call each other names you call Gnomeo or Juliet and its annoying!'' She cried.

''Damn it girl! I don't know what to do with you thats it you are grounded and you are not allowed to see any of the Blueberry family if you break these rules I will punish you.'' He shouted glaring at her.

''So what that just means I'm right.'' She shouted back.

He then slapped her across the face and walked out of the room. She was crying, sad and scared. She laid on her bed and pulled out the picture of her and her mom. ''Why did you have to leave me and daddy I miss you and right when I' happy he takes it away.'' She cried as she fell asleep.

The next day Madeline went to school she was with her friends. ''So Maddie what do you have planned today?''

''I'm gonna go spend time with Abigail again.'' She said.

''Oh again gee is she like gonna be your new mommy?'' She asked.

''I hope not Carrie but you never know.'' Little Madeline said.

After school Abigail smiled as her and Madeline went shopping and then brought her home.

''So did you have fun?'' He asked Abigail as he kisses her and she kisses back.

''It was fun right Maddie?'' Abigail asked.

''Sure.'' She said.

''Madeline show respect for Abigail!'' Marcus growled at her.

''I did.'' Madeline said.

Marcus turned his attention back to Abigail. ''You staying for supper?'' He asked.

''Sure.'' She said.

''Madeline go to your room your still grounded.'' He shouted at her and she left.

Over the next week was a sad and lonely one for Maddy her dad treated her like an outcast he came into say good night but that was all he put all his attention on Abigail and sometimes his girlfriend would bring over a kid she was babysitting since she opened a babysitting job and he paid more attention to the kids and he would often get his mother to watch Madeline and she was just as strict as her dad. He only ever talk to her coldly and yelled at her for everything questioning her.

Poor Maddie felt lonely and her heart breaking her dad didn't say anything to her unless it was important yes she ate but he put his time into Abigail and they would watch tv and then Marcus and Abigail would make out leaving Maddie to herself and she cried herself to bed every night and listening to her dad and Abigail make love moaning loudly and calling out each others names among other names, only thing Madeline had was the picture of her and her mom and of her with the Blueberry family all smiling. 

She wished she was with Gnomeo and Juliet and the family. She cried herself to sleep with a hurting heart wanting to be loved.

Here we go sorry its not quiet about Gnomeo and Juliet but they will come into play and things with Marcus are gonna get serious here soon. Gnomeo and Juliet maybe getting another new addition to the family.