Chapter 27 A day with Grandparents

A couple days later the Bluebury's were in their garden with their family, Madeline was working on Orchid's hair while Damien was with Shroom and Benny and they were having a dance contest to see who was the best. Juliet was busy feeding Aubrey and Gnomeo was watering the orchid when a knock was heard.

He went to the gate and opened it to see an older looking couple was standing there. ''Hello can I help you?'' He asked.

''Oh yes I'm April and this is my husband John, we are Madeline's grandparents.'' She said sweetly.

''Ahh yes come in.'' Gnomeo said letting them in.

''So your the leader of this garden?'' Asked John looking around.

''Yes along with my better half, hey Juliet we got company.'' He called.

They saw a three kids coming over and a female gnome carrying a baby. ''Oh yes these are my kids, Orchid, Damien and little Aubrey, and Juliet.'' Gnomeo said as she came over with the baby.

''Aww you have a cute family, so where is your wife?'' Asked April.

''Um that would be me.'' Juliet said coming over.

''Oh I thought you were one of his kids, I didn't realize-- you look so young.'' April said.

Juliet raised an eyebrow and Gnomeo shook his head. ''No she my wife. And this is Madeline.'' Gnomeo said.

She went up to them. ''Oohhh she looks just like Jade.'' April said smiling almost in tears.

''Grandma?'' Asked Madeline.

''Yeah its me and your grandpa.'' She said hugging Madeline who hugged back.

''Last time we saw you, you were a newborn baby in your momma's arms.'' John said as he hugs her.

''Really? Oh I don't remember you guys at all. But I'd like you to meet Orchid, Damien and Aubrey they are amazing so is Gnomeo and Juliet.'' She smiled going in between the two gnomes.

''That's great dear, say do you guys mind if we take Madeline out for a bit take a look around, never been to London before.'' April asked.

''Sure I mean why not? You are her grandparents and she knows this place like the back of her hand.'' Gnomeo said.

''Great want to go Madeline?'' Asked John.

''Yeah it is ok with you right mom, dad?'' Madeline asked.

''Yeah of course go have fun just make sure your back here by 9 is all.'' Juliet said smiling.

''And if you guys need a place to stay your more then welcome to stay here.'' Gnomeo said smiling.

''Well we'll see.'' John said as they left.

Juliet looked over at Gnomeo. ''Mummy is Madeline going to leave us?'' Asked Orchid.

''I don't know.'' Juliet said.

''No she not gonna leave us, now why don't you two go and play.'' Gnomeo said smiling at Orchid as the two take off.

''Why did you tell Orchid that?'' Juliet asked shocked.

''Because we aren't gonna give up without a fight we just have to get the approval and then she will be officially ours.'' Gnomeo said hugging Juliet.

''What if she likes them and wants to go with them?'' She asked.

''Well to that when it comes.'' Gnomeo said.

Meanwhile Madeline was with her grandparents.

''And yeah that what happened.'' Madeline said.

''I see so how did you meet Gnomeo and Juliet?'' Asked April.

''Well I met Gnomeo when my mom was in the hospital and Gnomeo was sad and crying and I went over to see if I could help and his oldest Orchid was about to die and he needed comfort and that night my mommy died and Orchid lived.. Then Gnomeo and Juliet were at the zoo where my dad worked and they took turn babysitting me and dad fell in love with Juliet then Abigail came along and yeah now I'm with them.'' She said eating her ice cream.

''Sounds like a lot.''  John said.

''Oh yes but I enjoyed it and Juliet got my dad arrested she set up this thing because I wasn't allowed to see the Bluebury's so Juliet set it up and caught my dad.'' She said.

''They sound great.'' April said.

''Yeah but I want to hear about mom?'' She said.

''Well you remind us of her. She wass happy and she always loved kids.'' April said.

''Juliet reminds us of her I can see why your dad went crazy over her.'' John said.

Madeline and them conitnued on touring and talking about Jade and everything Madeline was enjoying herself. They were at a park and watching the night sky.

''Woah where you live sounds great.'' Madeline said.

''Yeah it is and how would you like to come see it, and stay there?'' Asked April rubbing her granddaughters back as she snuggled to her.

''Really I'd love that!'' She smiled. ''Then I can come back here.'' She said.

''Um Madeline.. we live across the world and well we want you to stay with us permanetly.'' John said.

''W-What um I can't my life is here.. my dad is here, this is where my mom died and this is where my family is.'' She said shocked and felt a bit used.

''Yes all of that is here my dear and we see why you love it, but come home with us you can meet your cousins, aunt and uncles and we have family get togethers all the time, bonfire dances and it will give you a chance to explore the world.'' April said looking at her.

''I can't I can't leave Orchid and the others besides I can't leave Chase..'' She said.

''Wait who is Chase?'' Asked John.

''A good close friend of mine-- and I think their maybe something between us.'' She said.

''Madeline we want you with us. Your dad gets out we will never see you again, he kept you from us and we can't let you go.'' April said hugging her.

''I can't go with you, I love it here and there I wouldn't know anyone and it would be lonely.'' She said.

''Well its late and we will take you home and then finish this tomorrow.'' John said.

''Surely she can stay with us tonight?'' April said worried.

''Well lets get you back.'' John said.

''But.'' April started.

''Don't its not the way to win her over.'' John said.

''I don't and can't lose her again.'' April said as they went to the cab.

They returned Madeline back and Gnomeo and Juliet went over.

''Good night Grandma and grandpa.'' Madeline said hugging and kissing them.

''Hey sweetie how was it?'' Asked Juliet softly as Madeline wrapped her arm around Juliet's waist as they walked to go to her room.

''So you guys want to stay the night?'' Asked Gnomeo.

''No thanks we have a place but we will see you in court tomorrow.'' John said.

Gnomeo nodded. ''If you want you can come over here tomorrow as well before or after court.''

''Thanks maybe.'' John said as they watched the door shut.

April was sad and had tears in her eyes as she saw Madeline laughing with Juliet.

''She belongs to us not some stupid garden leader and his kid wife.'' April said protesting.

'' I don't want to lose her niether but we will settle this in court.'' John said as they left to their hotel.

Here we go part 2 coming up. Chase is my oc.