If You See with Your Heart

A special one shot I made for the 11th anniversary of Gnomeo and Juliet... This is one of my favorite scene from an old beauty and the beast movie 1987 (Not disney). I do not own the song or neither movies..

 Dream Prince: Gnomeo

 Beauty: Juliet

Juliet had just lost her father as she was forced to live in a castle with a horrible beast, she was tired and fell asleep on the bed and she started dreaming...

Juliet was outside the castle in a beautiful area with a small brook and a brick small bridge was there, she looked around to see if anybody was there.  She look in the water and slowly a reflection of a handsome young gnome slowly appeared and she looks up to see the very handsome stranger.

She gasped and walks away.

''Juliet wait, things are not as bad as they appear. Here you will be rewarded  for all you have suffered elsewhere.'' He said.

Juliet looked at him surprised that he knew her name. ''But I have never suffered until now.'' She looked down walking a bit.

''Never?'' He asked surprised following her.

''No, but I do love  making others happy.'' She said sweetly.

He had an idea. ''Oh then maybe you can make me happy.'' He said taking off his hat and stepping closer.

''Are you unhappy?'' She asked looking at him.

''Can't you see I'm in misery.'' He said sadly looking down.

''What can I do to help you?'' She asked.

''You must love me and give proof of your love.'' He said with a serious look.

Juliet snorted a bit. ''I don't even know you... I just met you.'' She said thinking it was bold of him to ask but he was very attractive.

He looked down. ''Perhaps when I know you better I might love you.'' She said not wanting to make him sad.

''Yes, yes please and don't trust you're eyes too much. Try to find me and know me no matter how much I maybe hidden, please save me from this misery.

Juliet decided to sing.

Singing parts..

'Is this a dream? Are you someone in my head? If I just close my eyes will I awake in my own bed? Will I find you hidden only in my dreams? Tell me where could you be nothing here is what it seems.'

Gnomeo looks at her and smiles and goes over and gently placing his hand on her shoulderat her slightly using his wonderful singing voice.

'If you see with your heart, close your eyes look inside then you'll know every secret inside will shine though just for you it will show. The sun is glowing in the clouds. *He held one of her hands*

 A face is smiling in the lonely crowd, if you see with your heart every dream waiting to come true.. will be free once its found by you.'

Gnomeo and Juliet were facing each other as he was serenading her, she had a hand on her stomach and his hand went up to her shoulder as his other one was at his side they stare at each other intently.

Juliet found herself falling in love with him and she looked down a bit shyly, he tilted his head a bit looking at her and their faces came up together, Juliet was still confused not sure how to do this request.

''But I don't know how to do that.'' She said turning from him walking a couple inches away.

He followed. ''You must try Juliet.'' He said softly as she turns to him and sang again.

'If you see with your heart' 

*He nodded at her happily*

'Look within wish and then you will see.'

*She places her hands to her heart as she sang.*

'What is hiding inside.'

'Maybe shy..' *He places both hands on her shoulders gently. *

*Both started singing together. *

'Give it time to be free. The butterfly is trapped inside once it is free there is no need to hid'

*His hands go over both of hers* 

'If you see with your heart, every dream waiting to come true. *She looks at their hands together then at him.* 'Will be free once its found by you.'

They stare at each other as they were close together as they finish the verse and Juliet slowly moves in a circle and he follows, he places his hand out for her to take as they continue to move in a slow circle the second time he holds up his left hand as she uses her left hand to hold his and they stare at each other, both falling in love and Juliet was tempted to kiss the stranger, they went around in a circle as the music played in the background they were face to face and sang again.

'If you see with your heart, close your eyes and then you will see.'*Singing together and she holds his hand to her chest.*

'What is hiding inside is me..' He finished quietly as they continued to look at each other.

The dream was over, and Juliet wakes up. ''It was only a dream.'' She said to herself and saw a dress on the chair. 'Maybe it won't be so bad here, but I have to find that gnome.

Happy Anniversary to  Gnomeo  and Juliet! 11 years ago, we got a underrated classic gem of a movie. The song is called 'If you see with your Heart' You can find the song on youtube under the name carebear98. This is from 1987 beauty and the Beast, its the very first one I watched and its worth it and this duet is my favorite in the movie. Enjoy.