Chapter 5 What About Me?

Gnomeo and Juliet came back from the hospital with Damien and life was amazing for them they had Orchid and their new little boy Damien everyone was happy and they celebrated. Lord Redbrick and Lady Blueberry were so happy about their new grandson and Benny was talking with Gnomeo.

  Little 4 year old Orchid was sitting down at the patio and watching feeling a bit left out and she was happy but also a bit worried she felt someone sit next to her. 

''Hey Orchid what are you doing over here?'' She looked to see her mom sitting next to her.

''Oh just sitting here and watching is all.'' She said holding a flower her aunt gave her.

''I see mind if I join you?'' She asked.

''Of course you can mommy.'' She said smiling as Juliet sat next to her. 

They watched the party go on and Juliet smiles at Orchid. ''So how does it feel being a big sister?''

''Its ok I guess I haven't had time to be a big sister.'' She said.

''I know but trusts me you'll have plenty of time to bond with Damien.'' Juliet said and looked down to see Orchid a bit sad.

''Say what's wrong flower?'' She picks up Orchid and sets her on her lap.

''What makes you think something wrong mommy?'' She asked.

''Well you have a bit of a sad look on your face and your nose scrunches a bit plus your daddy isn't good at hiding his emotions so what is wrong?'' The young mom picked up Orchid and sat her on her lap.

''With Damien around does that mean you are gonna ignore and pay more attention to Damien?'' She asked.

''What no sweetheart we won't forget about you I promise.'' Juliet said hugging Orchid who hugs her mom. ''You are my first born and I love you so does your dad.'' 

Gnomeo came over to them and smiled at them. ''Hey you guys what are you doing here?'' 

''Oh I just came here to see my little daughter.'' Juliet said.

''You mean our little flower?'' He smiles and sits next to them.

Orchid couldn't be happier. Then they heard a loud cry and it was non other then Damien. ''I'll go get him.'' Juliet said standing up and running over to them.

''Daddy we still on for our daddy and daughter day of fun?'' She asked facing him and staring into his eyes.

''Of course we are I wouldn't miss it.'' He said smiles rubbing noses with his little girl.

That night Orchid had just gotten ready for bed and she heard Damien crying and heard her parents up with him. She went into their room, say mommy daddy you still gonna tell me a story?'' She asked coming up to them.

Juliet was changing Damien. ''Yes sweetheart we will be in there in a few minutes.'' Juliet said.

Orchid smiled and went into her room and laid in bed waiting for them it turned into a hour and finally she decided to see what they were doing and she went into the bedroom to see her mom holding Damien sleeping and her dad laying on the bed both out. She felt a bit sad but didn't wake them up she went to bed and fell asleep her nightmare coming true she then thought to the bright side tomorrow would be her and daddy together.

The next morning she woke up and went into their bedroom and saw her daddy walking around with Damien looking tired he smiled at Orchid. ''Good morning sweetheart.'' He smiled at her.

''Good morning daddy.'' She then sat on the bed and saw her mom asleep.

''Lets not wake up mum she is very tired she was up all night with Damien.'' He said.

''Ok.'' She went outside and saw her grandparents. ''Morning grandpa grandma!'' She said as she hugged her grandpa.

''Good morning Orchid did you sleep well last night?'' He asked.

''Sort of of course I didn't get story time.'' She said.

''Oh that's ok if you want I can read you a story.'' Lord Redbrick said.

After storytime Orchid was about to find her dad when she saw that he was sleeping and her mom was taking care of Damien. ''Hi mommy.''

Juliet smiles and hugs her little girl. ''Hey my little flower.'' She said.

Orchid came over to her mom and sat on her lap looking at Damien and Juliet changed him and rocked him to sleep. She felt sad her daddy had fallen asleep and didn't want to wake him. She went and sat out and went to the shed where they keep the tools and started crying. She was gonna stay there her parents were busy and they probably won't notice her.

Later that evening Gnomeo and Juliet smiled as Damien was asleep. ''Whew that was a lot of work he's finally asleep.'' Juliet said.

''Yeah I don't remember it being this much with Orchid.'' Gnomeo said.

''Yeah but we were new speaking of which I haven't seen her all day.'' Juliet said.

''Me neither... oh no I'm such an idiot I totally spaced our daddy and daughter outing oh she probably mad at me for it.'' He looked down sadly.

''Don't worry first we have to find her.'' Juliet said.

''Oh Gnomeo what if she gone or got taken?!'' The young mom said.

''I'll find her.'' Gnomeo said. He looked and came to the shed to hear soft sobbing and Gnomeo went to the back and saw Shroom nuzzling a sad looking Orchid.

''Orchid there you are you scared me so much.'' He hugged Orchid who didn't hug back.

''Orchid are you ok?'' Gnomeo asked.

''No I'm not I waited up all night for you guys forgot to tuck me in and read me a story grandpa read me a story and we had our fun date.'' She said crying.

''I know Orchid and I have no excuse for doing that as for bedtime story I'm sorry I really did meant to read to you.'' He said.

''Well I'll get use to it the youngest gets all the attention.'' She said.

''Orchid I will never forget you and neither will your mum we love you Why didn't you wake me up. Come on back mum is worried sick about you.'' He said.

''I'm sorry I scared you daddy and I know your tired and didn't want to wake you.'' She said.

Gnomeo picked her up and hugs her and she hugs him as they go back to their home with Shroom on his tail.

Here we go enjoy