Chapter 2 - Oh mai gush

The hallways were busy with students. A bunch of freshmen stared at their schedules in confusion, and some even had enough balls to ask around.

Okay, now I have Government. I waved at friends and happily accepted some hugs. A specific face caught my eye and I waved at him. When he finally looked up, his usually bored face was replaced with a small smile.

"Do you have government?" I asked him. He looked at his schedule and shook his head. I frowned and he then told me he has journalism. I patted him on the shoulder and told him I'd see him later. After finally swimming through the endless sea of students, I ended up in the classroom.

"Len!" I heard as I walked in.

A giant grin spread across my face and I tightly hugged one of my best friends.

"Oh my goodness Aimee! I missed you!"

"I missed you too." she laughed, "I'm sorry for going on vacation so soon. I would've loved to go to Orchard Beach with you guys. How was it?"

"It was okay." I said with a shrug, "How was Mexico?"

She paused and then rummaged through her bag. Aimee gripped something in her hand and outstretched it. Opening her hand, a small rock carved into a turtle stared back at me. I smiled and took it from her, analyzing the brilliant carvings.

"I would've got a turtle with the Jamaican colors but," she put the small turtle on it's back, "I wouldn't have been able to carve your name on it."

Hugging her again, I gladly accepted the turtle. We both headed to the back and sat down. One of the coolest teachers ever sat at the front as he typed away on his Mac- Mr. Andrews.

"Alright, you lazy fuckers." he chuckled as he got up, "Another year with me, God bless. Let's go over some things again. Talk over me, and I will beat you like a flood is coming."

I held in my laugh and covered my mouth with my hand. Andrews recently hit his forties. I would say he's a hipster, but then again, everything he's interested is from his generation. He has that rad-hipster voice, it's hard to explain. He also tends to personify his stomach by calling it Belly.

"Anyways, let's get started. You know, I had this salad yesterday, and apparently they used some type of aged cheese. I could barely stomach it, it tasted like I ate out a bum's ass. Belly was not pleased. Anyways-"

Aimee, and a couple others, burst out laughing. I bit my bottom lip and had to turn away.

"Alaric, shut the fuck up." said Andrews as he sipped on his venti black coffee from Starbucks. Alaric grinned as Andrews threw the nearest pen at him.

He continued on, going on a tangent every now and then about the most random things. Andrews was indeed the best teacher ever, but his class would get boring when we'd have to read excerpts. Other than that, everything about his class was great.

"You know. I've been in this problem with Belly. Recently, he's been asking for so much, but it's just so hard not to tame him. I don't understand him sometimes. Anyways, get into some trouble." he said as he dismissed us.

Aimee and I got up and headed out of the classroom.

"What do you have next?" I asked as we walked down the hallway.

A freshman stopped in front of us, causing Aimee to swear loudly and get an apology thrown her way. "These freshmen." she muttered with annoyance, "According to this, I have... t-t... t-"

"Taekwondo?" I chimed.

"Yeah, that."

I looked at my schedule and smiled. "I have it this period too!" Aimee grinned and we headed to the tenth floor. As we approached the staircase, she frowned. "Do we really have to?" she said as she pouted her lips.