Chapter 23 - Kanye West is my father

"Yo Ric, c'mere!" Ric looked over his shoulder and smiled. He came over and slapped the side of Yeong Jin's head. "Aish..." Even though the situation wasn't the best, a loud laugh escaped my mouth as Yeong Jin scowled at me. Ric looked over at Yejun and furrowed his eyebrows. I practically saw the gears turning behind his eyes as Ric analyzed him.

"You look kinda familiar, do I know you?" Yejun gave him a friendly smile and shook his head. "We have not met before." Outstretching his hand, Yejun introduced himself. "I'm Yejun Min, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Ric slowly shook his hand and squinted his eyes closed. "I don't know... Your name and face sounds familiar. I assume you are a Taekwondo master?" I expected Yeong Jin to fanboy, but his eyes were glued to the floor. It was almost as if he was trying to slowly get away from us. "Yes, I was on the Korean national team."

Ric's eyes instantly shot up as he whistled. "Ah, Yejun Min! I've watched some of your matches, you're quite talented. Wanna spar some time?"

Yeong Jin instantly cut in. "He's my fight, we're sparring today." Ric scoffed and walked back to the bags. "Let me know when you wanna spar!"

Twenty minutes later, the whole gym crowded around the ring. Hell, I didn't even know there was another room with a ring inside. Ric gave Yejun a gi since he didn't have a dobok.

"Aish this is heavy." He muttered as he stretched his legs. The sound of chattering slowly died down as Ric entered first.

"Alright you lazy bums, listen up. Today we have a special guest by the name of Yejun Min." Some heads turned to Yejun with surprise as Ric continued. "Against him is Yeong Jin."

The crowd erupted in cheers as Yeong Jin gave them his famous smile and put his arm up. I'm not going to lie, Yeong Jin looked pretty good. He was shirtless and wore black shorts.

"YJ Flash?" I muttered as I read the side of his shorts.

"That's his fighting name." said Yejun as he smiled at me. "I'll go easy on him. I don't want to embarrass him in front of his family." Before I could respond, they both hopped into the ring.

You would've thought Yejun would be more humble, but he knows he's really good. I watched the familiar glint that glowed in his eyes. He really was going to toy with him.

Yeong Jin and Yejun bowed to each other. They pounded a glove and instantly backed away. Yejun bounced in place while Yeong Jin paced.

Before I could blink, Yejun practically glided across the ring. Many gasped as he roundhouse kicked Yeong Jin. Unable to block it, Yeong Jin took the hit and slid back.

Yeong Jin smirked when he blocked Yejun's next kick. Grabbing his leg, he smashed his elbow on Yejun's knee cap. My mouth dropped as Yejun's eyes widened in pain. What the fuck? Isn't that illegal?! I looked over at Ric, but he only watched the match continue.

Yejun fell on to the mat. "Yejun!" I yelled. Yeong Jin stared down at him. For once, his facial expression scared me. He seemed darker, more sinister. The corner of his mouth pulled up as he grinned, but it never met his eyes. What the hell was Yeong Jin doing? He stooped next to Yejun and raised an eyebrow.

Yeong Jin's mouth moved as he whispered words. Everyone was silent. Yejun's eyes filled with rage as he slowly got up. His fists tightened. What did Yeong Jin say?