Chapter 16 - Eggs

"So you're a liar now?" He asked.

I stared at him in disbelief. He had the nerve to tail us and then call me a liar. I know... I wasn't exactly honest with him, but he's being irrational right now.

"She's no fucking liar, you're just too nosey." said Kat.

Alaric scoffed and folded his arms.

"Is anyone talking to you? This is an A and B conversation, C your way out."

"Don't you dare talk to her like that." I said with clenched teeth. I've never heard anyone use that line since middle school, Alaric is lame.

Alaric looked back at me and shook his head. "So this is what it came down to? I knew something wasn't right with both of you. I always knew, and it feels really good to find out."

"I'm also mad you didn't tell me anything Kat, considering we were supposed to be good friends." She tensed and took a deep breath. "You're right, we were supposed to be good friends Alaric. But we aren't. Wanna know why? Because you can't get shit through your bum ass skull."

We all stood there in silence. Kat squeezed my hand and I took a deep breath. "Now what?" I asked. He smirked and shrugged. "I don't know... however, the principal might."

I felt my soul leave my body. I stared at the Tibetan in disbelief. My phone rang in my pocket, but it didn't register to me. My eyes and anger were only focused on him. I felt my anger increase as I stepped forward. Kat held me back and shook her head. Annoyed, I reached into my pocket and looked at my phone.

'Let me know when u get home ^^'

"I assume that's your boyfriend?" asked Alaric as he let out a humorless laugh, "Do you call him master in bed?"

Before I could comprehend what happened, Kat let go of my hand. A loud slap echoed through the dry air. The side of Alaric's face was a burning red as he slowly looked back at her.

She dead ass just bitch slapped him.

"You disgusting piece of shit!" she yelled, "How dare you even disrespect her- after all she's ever done for you?! Do you know how many times Len held down the fort for you? Of course not, because you were too oblivious. Now you're too late, and you have the sheer audacity to say those things about her."

He clenched his fists together as he pushed her back. "I don't think you understand how much I love her Kat. Did you know my whole squad would roast me because I was in love with her?" He looked over at me as tears welled in his eyes. Oh God Alaric. "We've known each other for four years Len, four! And you threw that all away for a man who barely even knows you..."

Alaric's voice was barely a whisper at the end. "Just..." He heaved a sigh and ran his fingers through his hair. I remember when I would secretly fantasize about Alaric and I being together. I know I made the right decision, because if we would've broke up one day, he wouldn't take it lightly.

Yejun lowkey saved me from this.

We stared at each other as he slowly approached me. "Len... Was I really too late?" His dark brown eyes held immense sadness as I nodded. "You were."

Another silence passed.

"I need to know this." he muttered. I waited for him to continue. He took a deep breath. "I know you liked me... but did you ever love me?"

My heart ached in my chest as I remembered all of the times I felt depressed because of him. I was never one of those K-pop girls with small waists and overly beautiful faces. I gave him a small smile.