Chapter 4 - I can't think of a name so this will be it

The day started off pretty well, excluding the long line that wrapped around three blocks. This time when I skipped, I didn't get caught. When I got in, I saw Elias and Alaric. They were calmly chattering amongst themselves as the crowd of students crushed them. I squeezed through some people and slapped Alaric on the back of his neck. His head snapped behind him, but I was too quick and held in my laugh as he glared at an innocent person.

When he turned to talk to Elias again, I flicked his ear. Not quick enough, he caught me and broke out a grin. I smiled and stood next to them.

"Good morning." I chirped and Elias returned it. Alaric's hand found my bun to be more interesting and I rolled my eyes. "Hey, it's equal to you flicking and slapping me." I sighed as we slowly moved. "What exactly is so interesting about my hair?"

Alaric dropped his hand and put his elbow on my shoulder. "Well, your hair texture is different from a lot of people I know. I find that to be pretty cool." I got my ID out and shrugged his elbow off. "Is that so? How about I touch your hair all the time?" I muttered. "I wouldn't mind." he replied.

Sighing at his annoying response, we finally swiped in. Twenty minutes later, I arrived to first period, but it was already ending. Had I went to the back of the line, I probably would've got in by third period. After graphic design, I headed off to Government and awaited Andrews' stories about surviving his mid life crisis.

Master Min started to take attendance. I stared at the floor, not wanting to make eye contact with the demon. Where the hell is Aimee? The sound of boots crying behind me let me know she finally came.

"Hey!" said Master Min as Aimee walked in, "You think you're cool for walking in late? Run around the gym six times."

Aimee's mouth dropped. "S-Sir, I didn't change into my u-"

"Do you think I care?!" Master Min's voice echoed off of the walls, "Now go run around six times. When you reach the point you started, say one sir. Yes sir?!"

"Yes sir..." she muttered as she dropped her stuff at the door. Master Min took attendance as she ran around. By the fourth time, Aimee was panting but didn't stop. I frowned at her when she made eye contact with me. Finally when she reached the sixth, her back hit the wall as she panted.

"Are you o-"

"I'm fine." she cut me off, obviously upset. Pushing the gym door, she went into the girl's locker room to get changed. I felt really bad for her, and it's worse he humiliated her. A shadow interrupted my view of the floor and I looked up.

My breath was hitched in my throat when Master Min glared down at me. I didn't know what to say as the expectant eyes of my classmates stared at me.

"I guess Len is absent." He muttered as he moved on to the next person.

"Sir, wait! I'm sorry, I was just thinking." Master Min shrugged and kept on taking attendance. "Sir, please mark me present." I said once I glanced at the attendance sheet and notice he marked me absent.

At this point, I wanted to strangle him. When he finished taking attendance, he threw the folder on the desk and began the lesson. My frustration grew ten fold. What's the point in being here if I'm not going to be marked here?! I had the strong urge to walk out. I felt my legs pick up, but instead of walking towards the gym door, I walked towards him.

"I understand you're trying to discipline us, but don't you think you're being too harsh? Sir, I told you I was thinking, and I apologize for not answering you, but please do not mark me absent."

His dark eyes looked down on me. Suddenly, his lips curled into a smirk. I felt my face get hot as I held eye contact. "Is that so?" I nodded and he looked towards the class. "Everyone, get the kicking pads." Looking down towards me, he gestured to his desk.