Chapter 20 - A giant fucking turkey

"Len, copy these for me. Make three copies of each and staple them." said Anna as she handed me a folder of papers. I took them from her and went to the photo copier.

I mindlessly copied them. Even though my body was physically at school, my mind was elsewhere.

My mind was at Muay Thai, punching and kicking the shit out of leather bags. I wanted to be there so bad. I finished copying the papers and started stapling them together. Before I could finish, the bell rang. I handed her what I finished and she put them aside.

"I'll finish the rest, go get lunch." I got my bag and left. I pushed through the double doors and went to the staircase.

"...she's usually here." I furrowed my eyebrows. Why was Alaric here? He's usually in the cafeteria with the Mafia. As I descended the stairs, his voice got louder. "Alaric?" I called out. He became silent. I turned the corner and stopped dead in my tracks. Alaric put up the peace sign and dipped.

Yejun turned to me. Is this one real? I wanted to touch him, but I knew it would make things worse. This one is real. He saw the corner of my lips twitch when I saw the purple bruise on his cheek. This seemed to anger him because he literally went all up in my face. I took two steps back and tightened my fists. The familiar feeling of my heart throbbing in my chest was back, but I fought the coldness.

His dark eyes glared at me, but never made a move. "What do you want?" I asked, completely surprised my voice was void of any emotion. Yejun seemed taken aback and sighed.

"We need to talk." Was all he said.

"Talk." I responded.

I crossed my arms and waited for him to speak. He's saying how we have to talk but he isn't saying shit. I understand if you break up with me, but I don't understand why you don't give me a reason. We had a stare down for about a good three minutes. Becoming annoyed, I turned away, but he put his hand on my shoulder.

"I-I... Sorry... It's been so long since I've seen you like this." A sarcastic laugh left my mouth. I turned to him and shrugged his hand off. "One, don't touch me. Two, you come out of nowhere with this bullshit about talking. What is to talk about? You said it yourself, we are over."

"Did you actually do what I said?" I stared at him in disbelief. The inner Jamaican came out as I put my hand on my hips and rolled my eyes. "Listen nastiness, mi lost yuh numba long ago."

His eyebrows furrowed as he looked away. Was he hurt? Why would he be hurt?! He's the one who broke my heart like it was nothing. The fact that he stood there looking sorry made me even angrier. "What happened to your façade huh?! Where's the cold blooded man that broke my heart?!" Yejun grabbed my hands, but I snatched them away from him.

"Mi seh stop touching me!" I cried. Tears stung my eyes and I forced them not to fall. It's been too long since I've cried over this pitiful man. I'm exactly what my mom said I would become and I fucking hate it.

"Len, I'm sorry..." He whispered, "I'm sorry."

I stared at the 6'0 Korean man in front of me. The same man who once intimidated me to the point where I was afraid to look into his eyes. The same man who hugged me and whispered how much he loved me in my ear. The same man who said he was thankful to have a person like me in his life. The same man who shattered my heart.

"You're a disgrace." I hissed, "There's nothing to talk about."

"Ani..." His eyes seemed puffy, but I won't give in to his bullshit. "Len, my mother's dying wish is for me to get married."

I still felt that familiar pang in my heart. If her dying wish is for him to get married, what's the problem? He'll get married eventually, he's only 24.