Chapter 15 - Yejun goofed (get it ya done goofed, Yejun goofed lmao)

Master Roman threw the keys to Yejun as he grabbed his bag. "Do you guys know what happened to Cindy? She's barely coming anymore." I smirked and Yejun nudged my arm. "No sir." He responded. Master Roman narrowed his eyes at us. "Alright, you suspicious bums. Don't spar too hard tonight." He looked over at Yejun and smiled. "Get some rest, okay?" We both bowed.

"Saranghae Master Roman." I said as I waved.

He turned to me with shock on his eyes. Yejun instantly groaned and shook his head. "What did you say?" He asked. "Sara-"

"She meant anyeong, sir!"

Master Roman eyed both of us and left. "What was that about?" I asked. Yejun let out a small laugh. "His Korean isn't that good."

Yejun and I walked inside of the dojang and got our gear. We tied each other's chest guard and started doing some warm up stretches. After we were done, we bowed to each other and began our nightly sparring session.

'Don't look at your opponent's eyes. They can deceive you. Stare at their chest, you'll see their shoulder and leg motions.' Master Roman's voice echoed through my head.

I stared at his chest guard and kept on bouncing when I saw him switch feet. Feigning a roundhouse, I jumping snap kicked him but missed. He moved back and slid forward as I tried to kick him again. Instead, he dodged it and push kicked me. I almost tumbled to the floor and had to regain my balance. Once I saw what was happening, it was too late. My head snapped to the right as Yejun's foot went crashing against my headgear.

My body dropped to the floor, shocked at what just happened. I sat still, still not believing what happened. He seriously just...

Taking a deep breath, I got up and stretched out my neck. It hurt a little, but that's something I'll deal with later. Yejun and I went back into fighting stance.

I didn't want to get angry, but after that, it was impossible. Yejun charged at me as I moved to the side. My heart dropped when I realized what was going to happen. In a split second, I was on the ground. The bastard feigned a left roundhouse, and when I went to block it, he push kicked me again.

"Get up!" He snapped.

Glaring at him, I got up and took a deep breath. He stepped back as I fast kicked him. Yejun dodged my next kick, landing a solid roundhouse on my gear. He tried to land another, but I blocked it. I took the chance and twisted my body around. My legs left the mat as I raised my leg and kicked him with the leg I jumped with.

Even though he blocked my 360 kick, I knew it hurt. I slid forward and tried to land a roundhouse to his face, but he grabbed my ankle.

I gasped as he pushed me to the ground. I stared at him in bewilderment. What's good with him? He kneeled beside me as he took his headgear off. "You're getting a lot better. Especially with your 360 kick, you're jumping higher." I blushed as I took off my headgear.

He brushed the back of his hand against my face and smiled at me. "Just try not to get angry. It's hard, but remember a-"

"Anger leads to making foolish decisions, I know." I responded.

When I tried to look up at him, a sharp pain in my neck caused me to gasp. "What's wrong?" He asked. I tried to shake my head, but it only made it worse. "Where is it?" I pointed to it and he began to rub it.

We sat in the middle of the dojang in silence as he rubbed my neck. It started feeling better. I laid in his chest and sighed. "You're becoming a great Taekwondo player... It would be amazing to fight alongside you in the championships."