Chapter 26 - J. Cole has cooties

I smiled when I saw three huge envelopes. "Hunter College, SUNY Oswego and Goucher College..." I muttered as my smile widened. I ran upstairs and closed the door behind me. I took my slippers off and ran into the living room. "Oreo, I got three acceptances!"

The black and white bunny stared up at me as his nose bounced. I opened the cage and waited for him to hop out. He hopped out of the cage and began to circle my legs. Rolling my eyes, I put the letters down and filled his bowl with food. "You're such a fat bunny, this is like my third time feeding you today." Oreo hopped back into the cage and began to munch it. I left the cage door open and sat in front of it.

I picked up the envelopes and went through them. By the time I was finished, the doorbell rang and I rushed after it. I opened the door and smiled when Yejun hugged me. "I'm happy your shoulder is doing a lot better." He said as we pulled away, "But remember to not move it around too much."

Even though it's hot outside, Yejun wore a hat and giant shades to cover most of his face.

"Yeah, yeah-- but look!" I waved the letters in front of his face and he furrowed his eyebrows. "What are these?" He took the envelopes and started going through them. Finally, recognition flashed in his eyes as he smiled. "Congratulations Len! Ah, what is this?" He squinted his eyes and looked closer at the paper.

"Len Ra-" Blushing, I snatched the paper from him. Yejun grinned as I put the acceptance back into the envelope. "Rachel's your middle name?"

Not responding, I walked to my room and put the letters on the dresser. "What's wrong? You don't like it?" Turning to Yejun, I frowned. "I feel like my name should've been Rachel. Len sounds like it's short for something, it sounds like a nickname. I don't like my name."

Yejun squeezed my shoulder. "It's okay. Len is a cute name, it suits you." I smiled and poked his nose. "Do you have an English name?" He shook his head and crossed his legs. "I've though of it, but never really settled on a name. What do you think?"

What would fit him? Michael is a generic name, but it would suit him. Definitely not Paul. Lucas? "What do you think of Lucas?"

"Lucas?" He parroted, "L-u-c-a-s?"

"Mhm!"

"I'll think about it. To be honest, I prefer people calling me by my Korean name. David, for example, prefers his English name. It's understandable since he was born here, but his parents call him Jae Hyuk."

His eyes scanned over the letters. "Maryland? Is that somewhere here?" I felt my heart drop. "...In the U.S.? It is." Yejun looked at the other ones. "Hunter College is in Manhattan. Are you going there?" I don't want to have this conversation, I don't want to think about choosing yet. My silence only confirmed my indecisiveness. "Len..."

I stretched my arm out a bit and turned to him. "Are you ready for the trip Monday?" I gave him the most fake smile in history, yet he saw right through it. "You're really going to leave me?" Another stab. "Yejun, I didn't even get all of my acceptances back yet. I literally have two more."

"Are they all in the city?"

No.

"Yes."

The reassurance on his face made me feel bad. Yejun laid back on my bed and yawned. "So, Monday?" I asked. "Hm, I guess, I've never went paint balling before. Actually, can you explain it?" I grabbed my laptop and started searching for paintball competitions.