Chapter 7 - Taekwondon't you do that bruh

Wednesday updates it is! :)

--

So far, five people transferred out of Taekwondo class. Only thirteen of us remained. Min was doing the warm up and started to individually have us count in Korean.

"Hana, dool, set, net, tasseot, yeoseot, ilgop!" He yelled. "Doe, doe, set, net, tasseot, yeoseot, ilgop!" We yelled after. He had us in painful positions and forced us to stay in it. If we looked up, he would "help" us by pushing us down.

Aimee purposely looked up, causing Min to go and push her down. I stared, maybe glared, as he held her down. I almost laughed at the painful yelp she let out. I caught Alaric staring at me and sent him a small smile. When Min went back to his spot, he put his hands on his belt.

"Pado!" We all got up and did twenty jumping jacks. After doing more stretches, we ran around the gym eight times. Although Alaric ran alongside me, we didn't really talk. I was grateful for that since I didn't want to get on Min's bad side. By the time I finally hit the eighth lap, I was out of breath and thanked God when Min sent us for a water break.

"Everyone." Min announced, "As of Monday, I was told we only have thirteen students left. I told you all this, but since Kailah was absent, the class was even. The class is officially uneven. I will assign you all new partners."

He jogged to his desk and got a clipboard. He called out names and Alaric ended up being partners with Xiao Ji, and Kat ended up being partners with Samantha. Alaric looked pissed, but didn't press on. Kat smirked at me and I looked back back at Min. "Sir, who is my partner?" I asked. He was scribbling something down and put the clipboard on the desk. "Everyone get kicking pads."

I went off to the side, annoyed that he pretty much excluded me from the class. "Len, go get targets." I rolled my eyes, "I guess my partner is a ghost." People laughed and I got two targets. "Everyone, do your kicking combinations."

Min came up to me and bowed, out stretching his hands. I froze. Min is my partner?! He looked up at me and I felt my face get hot. Bowing, I handed him the targets. "Thank you, Sir." I muttered, extremely shocked at my situation.

"Fighting stance junbi!" He yelled. I bit my bottom lip and yelled 'aiya'. As soon as I started kicking, he began to criticize me. I slowly improved and noticed how he would nod as I kicked. "Switch partners!" He yelled.

I bowed as I handed him the targets. "Hold the target like roundhouse." I nodded and he went into fighting stance. I've never seen him look so focused before. His hair stuck to his face and his darkened eyes held an unknown glint. He stood there in fighting stance and my hands trembled a little. As soon as I blinked, his body spun around as he kicked the target, sending it flying out of my hand.

"Ouch!"

Everyone looked at Alaric as he rubbed his head. I looked back at Min and saw him smirking. Did he... The class was silent. Alaric picked up the target and tightly held it in his hand. Then, he threw it at Min, becoming even more angry when he dodged it.

"You call me Master Min because I earned the title."

I stared at him in amazement, the words he told me in September echoing in my head. Everything he did was out of raw power. He looked at you as if you were nothing, and even if you tried to ignore it, you felt it. You cringed under his glare. When we spoke to him, you felt like looking down.

We went back and forth with our kicking. Whenever Min would kick the target, it would be close to slipping out of my hand. I honestly didn't want class to be over, but when he announced us to go get changed, I felt kind of sad.