Chapter 27

Dallas:

*the next day*

I got out my mom's car and waved goodbye to her as she drove off.

"Hey."

I turned to see Jordyn waiting for me at the entrance of the Cafe.

I gave her a light smile as I made my way over to her. "Hey." I said, waving my hand at her.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the cafe.

"Sorry, it was freezing out there." She said as she shivered.

"Well it's not summer anymore." I said.

"I know."

We walked over to a small table in the corner that gave us a perfect view of the lake out the window.

We sat across from one another and picked up the little menus.

I decided to get a chocolate croissant with hot chocolate.

Jordyn began to speak as we waited for the waitress to come and take our orders.

"I'm curious.... Who was the girl who dropped you off here?" She questioned as she played with the corners of the menu.

"My mother."

Her eyes widened as she looked up at me. "Your mom?"

I nodded. "Her and dad filed the divorce. She's been living on her own in this new house for a while. I just moved in with her yesterday."

She cleared her throat before speaking. "Wow. What about your sister?"

"She's been seeing someone for a while and they plan on living together. He has a child as well."

"How do you feel.... About all of this? Must be a lot to take in?"

I shrugged. "Not really. I've only been with mom for one day and I feel like a bunch of weights were just lifted off my shoulders. Its not that living with Livia was the problem, I just needed a parent is all."

She nodded. "I understand. So where do you guys live?"

"Oakens." I said.

"Oakens has a lot of nice houses. Your mom must have good money."

"I guess so."

The waitress arrived and took our orders, afterwards I suddenly had the urge to pee.

"I need to use the restroom real quick." I said.

Jordyn nodded as I stood up and walked to the bathroom.

I entered the girls restroom and entered a stall, locking it.

The person in the stall next to me flushed and excited, washing their hands.

I made sure they wouldn't look back and see my through the cracks as I quickly did my business, wiped, and flushed.

I stepped out and washed my hands just as she finished drying hers with the hand dryer.

She eyed me and I felt slightly uncomfortable.

"Excuse me." She said.

I looked up at her as she took a couple steps forward.

"I hate to sound weird or creepy but, do I know you? I feel like I've seen you before."

I shook my head. "I've never seen you, at all, I'm sorry but you must have the wrong person." I said awkwardly as I quickly washed my hands, shaking them dry as I quickly left the washroom.