Chapter 31

Dallas:

I woke up around 2 in the morning super thirsty and all.

Sighing, I threw the sheets off and climbed out Jordan's bed as carefully as possible so I wouldn't wake her.

Then I walked out the room and headed down stairs.

I noticed the light was on in the kitchen and I slowly walked over to spot August making himself some ramen.

"I've never seen anyone make ramen at 2 in the morning." I said, startling him.

I chuckled as he growled at me.

"Well, I'm hungry."

Opening a cabinet, I reached up and grabbed a cup before filling it with water.

I sat on the counter and sipped the water as I watched him make the ramen.

"Want some?"

"Sure." I said.

He grabbed another bowl and fork and split the ramen into both bowls equally.

"No you can put more of it into your bowl, I'm not that hungry."

He nodded and took some out of mine and placed it in his.

"Here ya go your highness." He said.

I thanked him and he smiled at me.

I followed him to the living room as being alone at night wasn't my cup of tea.

We sat on separate couches as he turned on the TV and played a random action movie.

It was quiet except for the TV and occasional slurps from the ramen.

"Did Jordyn ask you about Hawaii yet?"

I nodded.

"And?"

I shrugged. "Well, I'll be 18 so technically I can decided for myself but I don't know if mom and I would be doing anything for those two weeks. Plus I don't want her to be lonely."

"Makes sense." He said. "But it'd be great if you were there."

I looked up at him. "Why is that?"

"I'd rather have you there than Victoria. I never liked that girl. I'm the one who found out and told Jordyn about Victoria because she confessed it all to me after she was tired of chasing after me and wanted to be together."

"I don't like her either."

"You know her?"

"No. Anyone you guys don't like, I don't like." I said with a shrug.

He chuckled.

"Is that the only reason? A better replacement? Because I don't know if I should feel flattered or... Hurt?"

He chuckled once more. "Well, you're fun to hang with I guess."

"You guess? Don't force yourself to sag anything. Be truthful with me here."

"No, you are fun to hangout with. You're funny, nice, not as annoying as my sister. Quite chill yet goofy at the same time."

I nodded. "I'll take that."

"And what about me?" He asked.

"Hmm, well let's see.... You're good at making Ramen-"

"As I should be."

"Don't interrupt me." I scolded.

"Sorry, mother."

I picked up a pillow and threw it at him.