Chapter 28

Leighton's POV

" Why do you like sitting out here so much?" Kian asked from beside me as we both sat on my roof. 

" I don't know." I shrugged. " It's just relaxing." 

" It's cold tho." He complained. I rolled my eyes. 

" Stop being a pussy." I joked. He chuckled. 

" This use to be where Dallas, Nova, and I would always sit when they were over. This was the place that I sat to escape the world after.." I paused. " Well you know." I said. 

He nodded. " Yeah." He sighed. " You know the first time I ever talked to Nova and Dallas was when they both stalked me at football practice, then after stalked up to me giving me a speech of a lifetime after everything that happened."

I smiled. " Really? They did that ?" He nodded. " They sure did. Nova even slapped me before Dallas dragged her away."

I chuckled. " She did not!" I exclaimed. " Oh but she did."

I shook my head in disbelief. " Can I tell you something?" Kian asked. I looked over to him." Sure."

" That night, the night that I kissed that girl in front of you, I did it because of what Bexley had said to me." I raised an eyebrow. " What do you mean?"

He took a deep breath. " That night after we had gotten into one of our little arguments, Bexley had followed me outside. She told me that we were toxic, I was toxic and I needed to leave you. I needed to let you go. She said that it would have been best for both you and I if we weren't together anymore. I remember her her exact last words ' Let her move on, let her be with someone who can make her happy like she deserves.' Little did I know she was talking about herself. She wanted me to break up with you because she wanted you to her self."

I shook my head. " Bexley wouldn't do that. She was just concerned. We were fighting so much, and she seen how much it had affected me. She was just trying to look out for me." I defended. 

" Leigh, do you remember that night?" I shrugged. " Sort of." 

" Well I remember it perfectly. I had walked in after Bexley, because I wanted to apologize. But as I walked in I seen you crying in Piper's arms, then Bexley walked up and as soon as you seen her you rushed straight into her arms. Like she was the only person that could make you feel any type of relief. "

I closed my eyes. " That's when I made the irrational decision to kiss that girl. I seen the relief you felt, and just went with it."

I sighed. " I didn't like her until a couple of weeks after we broke up. I didn't even realize that I liked girls until we broke up. The entire time we were together, even through the many arguments and bad times we had, I was always all about you."

" I know." 

" You were going through things with your grandma dying, and I understood that. That's why even though we were fighting constantly, i wasn't going to leave. I knew that was what you were trying to do, you were trying to push me away and I wasn't going to let that happen. You were my person."

" I know." He said another time.

We sat in silence for a couple of seconds while the sun began to set. " I'm sorry you felt that way." I said to break the silence. 

He shrugged. " I'm sorry I kissed that girl."

I shrugged in return. " It's okay. It looked sloppy anyway." I joked. 

He chuckled, shaking his head. " We should get inside, it's getting late and you need to head home."

He nodded. We both stood off of the roof, Kian holding a supportive hand behind my back. Kian climbed through my window first, holding out a hand for me to take.  I took his hand and climbed through the window. As I pulled my other leg through the window it go caught on the edge of the window causing me to fall forward.

I stumbled, falling forward against Kian's chest. Before I knew it we were both on the ground, me on top of him with both my hands on my chest.

I opened my eyes to see Kian staring up at me. I looked from his lips which were forming into a small grin, then back to his eyes. We both busted out laughing. 

" God if you wanted to be on top of me you could've just asked." He smirked. I slapped his chest. " Shut up."

My head snapped up once I heard my bedroom door open. " Hey Hon...Oh my." My mom said her eyes wide while she stood in my door way.

I rolled off of Kian, sitting up. " Hey mom." I greeted. " Hey Mrs. Harvey." Kian greeted as he sat up. 

" Hello Honey, Kian." She greeted coldly.

My mom wasn't the biggest fan of him for obvious reasons. 

" I think I better get going." Kian said quickly standing to his feet. He grabbed his bag, and threw it over his shoulder. " I'll see you Monday Leigh." He called as he walked out the door. He stopped next to my mom. " Have a goodnight Mrs. Harvey."

My mom nodded. " You too Kian."

He walked down the hall and descended down the stairs. My mom waited for the door to close to enter my room. 

" What was that?" She questioned referring to the previous state she had caught us in.

I stood off of the floor, dusting myself off. " I had fallen through my window coming back in, he caught me." She folder her arms over her chest raising her eyebrow. " and what exactly was he doing here?"

" We're working on a project together for biology." I answered sitting down on my bed. " And you decided to work on it on the roof?"

" No mom, we worked on the project for a little then decided to get some fresh air. Your overthinking this." I rolled my eyes. " Well I'm sorry, but what do you want me to think when coming home to find my daughter straddling her ex?"

" For one I wasn't straddling, and for two you should know me better than that, especially since I just broke up with Bexley."

My mom sighed. " I know, I'm sorry love." She sat on my bed. " How was your day at school." I shrugged. " It was school."

She smiled. " Do you have anything planned for this weekend?" I shook my head. " I don't currently have friends for that."

She chuckled. " Well I'm working with Rachel in the morning. She's getting ready to put this new house on the market and needs help with the open house, but after that I'm free if you want to do anything." She offered. 

I smiled. " Thanks mom."

She ran a hand over my hair. " Of course." 

" Now get cleaned up." She ordered. "Dad's bringing pizza home for dinner and we're going to have a family night."

" We are?" I questioned.

" Yes, we are. We haven't had one in a while and I think we all need a little relaxation."

She stood off of my bed and walked out of the door, closing it behind her. 

Normally I wouldn't be interested in having a 'family night', but for some reason I was excited. 

XOXO Parisbesties