14

While Adam and Bree decided to make the most out of their remaining eight hours of living, Harley stayed with Chase and Douglas. She wanted to help figure out how to stop this. But she couldn't do that without calming down the students, which she found out, needed calming down herself.

Harley and S-1 were standing next to Chase and Douglas as they typed away on the console. The students stood behind them worried about what could happen to them.

"Okay, I scanned S-1's chip and mirrored the Doomsday virus timer. Only eight hours left until you guys..." Douglas hesitated when he didn't know what to say next. "... show the world what you're made of."

Suddenly, S-1 cries out in pain as she clutches to her head. "Ohh! My head! It hurts!" As Harley and Douglas look at her in concern, Chase scoffs. "I know. His jokes are awful."

"No, she's having another flashback!" Douglas explains. S-1 winces as she begins to tell them about her flashback. "I'm starting to see Krane again. It's dark, he's angry..."

"Run toward the light! It's your only hope!" Douglas suddenly screams. Chase and Harley give him a look. "Yes, dad, because that really helps."

"Is he saying anything about the Doomsday virus?" Chase asks S-1. She groans before her hand fell once her flashback ended. "No. Someone used the last of the battery acid and didn't replace it."

"Well, it wasn't me," Douglas says.

"There has to be a way to access this virus and disable it," Chase says and types on the console.

"Good luck with that." Douglas starts. "He buried it in so many layers of encryption, it would take months to crack it."

Chase sighs. "Well, do you think he ever gave her the code?" Douglas pauses before answering. "I know one way we can find out. When patients lose their memories, sometimes doctors try to recover them by reenacting scenes from their past. If we could do that with S-1, maybe we can trigger her memories we need."

"Yes! That's brilliant!" Chase exclaims.

"I know! I said it!" Douglas exclaims back before giving him a look. Chase rolls his eyes. "Let's get to work. Whatever's locked in that girl's head is the only thing that's gonna save all of us."

As Chase and Douglas worked, Harley went over to S-1 who was standing by herself. "Hey there, everything okay?"

S-1 nods. "Do they have something?" She asks, referring to Douglas and Chase. "They have an idea to fix this. Don't worry." Harley gives her a reassuring smile. S-1 nods again before sighing.

"When I was controlled by that Krane guy, I had no idea what I was doing. So I'm sorry if I brought any damage to you and your family." She apologizes to the Johnson girl, who chuckles and places a hand on her shoulder. 

"There's nothing to be sorry for. As you said, you were being controlled by the Triton App. You had no choice. I know what it's like, but that's what second chances are for." Harley explains and S-1 smiles. The sound of the hydraloop catches the two girl's attention. The doors opened to reveal Leo. He gives a smile towards Harley before his eyes landed on S-1.

"You!"

Everyone turns to the sound of Leo's voice and S-1 looks at the boy confused. "Who are you?"

"Maybe this will remind you!"

Before S-1 could say anything, Leo forms an energy ball and throws it at her. S-1 flies across the room and lands on the ground, unconscious. Harley gasps before running towards her. She kneels beside the girl and shouting at Leo, "No! Why would you do that?"