05

Harley geo-leaps the two people with the other rescues while Bree super-speeded with the last person.

"Is that everyone?" Harley asks her.

"Yeah. Everyone is safe, including one very ungrateful grizzly." She replies. In the distance, a growl was heard. "Oh, shut it!"

The girls walk over to the boys as Chase spoke. "The Fire Department can handle it from here. Great work guys!"

Everybody around them began to applaud before running over to them. Reporters were shoving microphones in their faces while fans held out items to be signed. 

"Life is so much better now that we don't have to keep our missions a secret," Adam says as he autographs someone's notebook.

"Right? Now people can tell us how great we are right in our faces." Leo agrees.

Harley chuckles as she autographs someone's phone case. "You don't need anybody to tell you how great you are. You do that yourself."

Leo glares at his best friend before Harley went back to shaking people's hands.

The people around them started chanting. "Adam, Bree, Chase, and Harley! Adam, Bree, Chase, and Harley!"

The three Davenports smile as Harley looks over at Leo who had a confused look.

"Are you kidding me?" Leo asks annoyed. "I've been going on missions for over a month. How can these people not know my name?"

"Maybe you should change it to something people won't forget, like, uh, Gregorio Spiridakis, or Pickles O'Malley."

Leo gives him a look before taking a step forward. "Can I have your attention please?" The crowd goes silent as they watch Leo speak. "I'd like to point out that Adam, Bree, Chase, and Harley weren't the only heroes. I also helped. I personally saved six people."

The crowd paused before chanting again. "Adam, Bree, Chase, Harley, and that guy."

Leo glares at the crowd. "All right, the six people I saved, back in the fire."

*

Harley went to go look for Leo when she knew he was upset about the whole mission. She knew that it's been Leo's dying wish to fight alongside his family and when he finally does, he doesn't get the credit for it. 

She found him wandering the hallway, and she sighs as she walks up to him and places a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, are you okay?"

"No." Leo sighs. "I just don't understand. I work just as hard as you four, but I don't get any credit. It's not fair." 

Harley frowns. "I'm sorry. But you have to remember, Leo, the four of us were the first superhumans that were outed. Remember when they were hesitant about us at first? Well now, they know about you and it's going to take some time to get used to it."

Leo shrugs. "I just want to be recognized for the good that I do too."

Harley squeezes his shoulder. "You have been doing amazing so far. You haven't given up. Trust me, you'll get your chance in the spotlight. It's just gonna take some time."

Leo smiles. "Thanks, Harls. I forgot how nice it was to hang out and talk with you."

"Yeah, and that's my fault," Harley says. "I've been spending so much on missions or with Chase, and I've been ditching the most important person in my life."

"Don't worry, I understand." Leo laughs. "How about this? When things aren't crazy, we have our traditional best friend hangout?"

Harley laughs. "Yeah. That'd be great."