24

When Harley is upset, she either eats her feelings away or she takes it out on a punching bag. She chose the second choice.

In the training area, she was throwing hard punches at the bag, all of her emotions being taken out. From behind her, Adam, Bree, and Chase enter the room. She tried ignoring her name being called, being in her own world.

As they called her name for the tenth time, she punches the bag with her super strength, the punching bag being flown across the room. She turns around with pants escaping her lips.

"Do you need something?"

"Leo and Daniel are in trouble," Bree says.

Nothing else was said as Harley follows after the three. They made their way to the beach and saw Leo and Daniel standing by the large hydrogen tank that fuels the hydraloop. Steam was coming out in different areas.

"Leo, what happened?" Chase asks.

"Daniel accidentally fired a laser sphere into the hydraloop fuel tank," Leo explains.

"All right, Daniel." Adam sits on a rock. "Over the knee. It's time for your first bionic spanking." He makes a slapping motion while the others roll their eyes.

"The first crack must've let oxygen into the tank, which means that the pressure has intensified," Chase explains. "If we don't stop those leaks, that thing is gonna blow and take out the whole island."

"Stop being so dramatic. It's just a few little cracks." Leo scoffs, and a large rumble came from the tank and more leaks appeared. "What are we gonna do?!"

"Maybe I can use my heat vision to seal the cracks," Adam suggests.

"No, Adam, that gas is flammable," Chase says.

"How else are we supposed to stop the leaks?" Leo asks.

"Do the opposite," Harley spoke.

The boys look at her confused, but Bree understood was Harley met. "Adam, use your enhanced lung capacity to freeze the outside of the tank."

"On it."

Adam hurries over to the tank and uses his enhanced lung capacity to blow on the tank. But after a while, they realized it wasn't working.

"It's not working."

"Wait, guys. Can't I replicate his lung capacity and double the force?" Daniel questions.

"Uh, yes, you can. Daniel, touch Adam." Chase tells him. Daniel runs over and touches Adam's arm. "Now what?"

"Blow!"

Adam and Daniel both blow on the fuel tank. The ice begins to form around the tank.

"Guys, it's working!" Leo happily says. "Oh, man, I want power replication."

The two kept blowing on the fuel tank until the ice surrounded the entire tank. They stopped when there were no more leaks.

Daniel turns around with a huge smile on his face before running over to Harley, wrapping his arms around to hug her. Harley laughs as she hugs back. Daniel pulls away to hug the others.

"Great job, Daniel. You just completed your first bionic mission." Bree says to him, pulling away from their hug.

"That was awesome. I gotta go tell my dad." As he went to walk away, he ends up super speeding into a boulder. He crashed into the sand and Harley winces. Adam shakes his head.

"Hey, keep making bionic kids, eventually you're going to get a dumb one."

*

The six made their way back to the mentors' headquarters. Daniel was bouncing his leg as he was afraid Douglas was going to find out the truth about the fuel tank. Harley sits down next to him and places her hand onto his shoulder, not caring that he can replicate one of her powers.

"So did you tell your dad about how you froze the fuel tank?" Leo asks Daniel.

"yep, but I might not have told him I was the one who cracked it," Daniel replies. "He's gonna be really mad, huh?"

"Yeah." Bree nods before adding, "Unless he doesn't find out about it."

"So we're gonna lie?" Daniel questions.

"Sounds good." Leo nods.

"Works for me." Chase smiles.

"It's kinda what we do." Adam shrugs, and Harley nods in agreement.

"Besides, it's not so much a lie as a bionic secret," Chase says before winking.

"I'm liking my new family." Daniel smiles.

Douglas walks into the room. "Hey, guys, uh... can you give me a second with Daniel?"

"Absolutely. We don't want to watch this train wreck." Adam replies.

"Actually, is it alright if I stay?" Harley asks, both Daniel and Douglas nods. The others smile and Chase pecks Harley's forehead before walking out.

"Wait, you two are together?" Daniel asks Harley, and she smiles. "Engaged, actually."

"But you call him dad." He points at Douglas. "If he's your dad, and Chase is actually his child, doesn't that make you two related?"

Harley and Douglas glance at each other before looking back at Daniel. "You're in for a storytime."

*

After Douglas apologized to Daniel and Harley explained her whole life story, Daniel looked in shock.

"Wow, that is one story." He smiles. "I guess that makes you the cool sister."

Harley chuckles. "Of course I am. Just don't tell Bree."

Douglas watches with a smile that Harley and Daniel are getting close even though they've only known each other for a day. Ever since Marcus, he saw how Harley was afraid of getting a new brother.

"Come on, kids, it's time for Daniel to take off."

The two nod and stand from the couch, following Douglas to the main area. Davenport joins the three and follows.

"Hey, everybody, Daniel's taking off."

The four went over to say goodbye to him. "It was great hanging out with you," Leo says to him.

"Yeah, man, you're the best surprise brother we've ever had," Chase tells him, and Leo glares at him. "No offense, Leo."

Adam places a hand on Leo's shoulder. "Yeah, we still like you. You're just old news."

"I know you gotta get back to the mainland, but, uh, maybe you can come back and visit in a couple of weeks?" Douglas suggests to Daniel.

"Or sooner, if I need some extra cash." Daniel shrugs.

"Are you blackmailing me?" Douglas questions.

"Yeah."

"That's my boy." Douglas proudly says.

"Hey, if you ever wanna hang out with just your Uncle Donald, say the word." Davenport smiles at the boy.

"You know what? I have to go." Daniel says before turning to Harley and hugs her. "See you soon."

Harley presses a kiss on his head before pulling away. "Stay out of trouble, little one."

Daniel playfully scoffs. "You know I won't." With a final goodbye, he steps into the hydraloop and it takes off.