18

It's been a few hours since Chase and Harley's conversation. Harley tried her best to stay clear of her fiancee. It was wrong of her to get mad at him for wanting something, but it was wrong of him to assume that she would pack up and leave her life behind. This is where her friends and family are. She couldn't just leave. 

Harley walks into the main area and sees Perry storming over to human Eddy who was fixing his beard as he held a small mirror in his hands. She noticed Bree and Leo standing in the corner with smirks on their faces.

"Hey, Sasquatch." 

Eddy turns to Perry. "Oh, hey, Ter."

"Don't you 'Hey, Ter' me!" She yells, pointing a finger in his face. "I know what you're up to, and there's no way you're stealing my job."

"Oh, Terry, I could never fill your shoes. Mostly because I don't fit into a size gnome." With the day Harley's had, she could care less that the real Eddy was back.

"What did you say to me?"

"I said why don't you go back to your mushroom house and leave me alone?" Eddy snaps.

"Okay, that's it!" Perry snaps. "There's only room for one of us at this academy."

Eddy nods. "I'll say, so why don't you squeeze over and give me some space?" He turns around and starts walking into the training area. Perry lets out a battle cry before tackling Eddy to the ground. Harley's eyes widen as she followed Bree and Leo into the training area entrance.

"What is going on?" Harley questions.

"Perry reprogrammed Eddy and we lied to her about him wanting to steal her job, so now we're watching a fight break out right in front of us." Leo simply says. Harley shrugs before looking back at the fight.

Eddy laughs. "My body's synthetic, so I don't feel pain. You can't hurt me!"

"Yes, I can," Perry says. She harshly elbows Eddy in the gut and the three teens cringe at the sound. "Hey, if you're gonna grab my beard, then I'm gonna grab yours." Eddy grabs a handful of Perry's hair before slamming her to the floor.

Footsteps were heard from behind them and they turn around. Harley's body stiffens when she saw it was Adam and Chase. The engaged couple makes eye contact before Harley quickly averts her gaze to the floor. 

"Guys, what's going on?" Chase asks.

"Eddy's bad again, and Perry's trying to destroy him."

Chase groans while Adam says, "Well, tell her to watch the beard. My phone's charging in there." They gave him a look as Perry comes running in out of breath. "I used all of my signature moves on him and nothing worked. Even the Perry throttle."

Eddy comes running into the main area. "Hey, get back here and fight me like the she-beast you are." Perry spins on her heel towards him. "Oh, I will, you deranged drifter."

"Since you reprogrammed me to be mean again, I'm unstoppable," Eddy says.

"You reprogrammed him?" Leo asks her in shock. "I mean, are you really surprised?" Harley questions.

"Not now, kids. I'm a little busy!" Perry says before letting out another battle cry and charging toward Eddy. She tackles him to the floor. As the fight continued, Eddy seemed like he had the upper hand. Harley hears Chase slightly laugh from behind her. 

"Perry is really getting her butt kicked."

"If we don't take Eddy out, he's gonna terrorize this place forever," Bree tells them. Leo holds out his bionic leg. "Not if my bionic leg has anything to say about it."

Harley chuckles. "That doesn't sound as macho as you think." Leo glares at his best friend before releasing his leg. He walks over to the two, Eddy had Perry pinned to the floor. "Release the beat, Eddy."

Eddy turns his head to the boy. "Sit tight, Leo. You're next." Leo glares at him. "No, you are." Leo brings back his bionic leg before kicking it forward and hitting Eddy. He crashes into the wall ahead of him and falls to the floor. Eddy jumps back up onto his feet.

"Didn't feel a thing. Who else wants to not hurt me?"

"That's it. I'm going to get Mr. Davenport." Chase says.

"Go ahead. I have him totally fooled. That has-been has no idea I'm back to my old self." Eddy says with a smirk.

"Yes, I do."

A smirk forms on Harley's face, along with the others as they saw Davenport walk up from behind Eddy. Eddy's face pales as he heard the man and turns around with a nervous smile.

"Donny." Eddy nervously laughs. "Hi!"

"You beard-dialed me on Adam's phone. I heard everything." Davenport explains as he held up Adam's phone. 

"Everything?" Davenport nods. "Look, it was just a show for the kids. I'm bad, I'm good, I'm bad, I'm good. I'm just a great big bag of emotions." He pretends to cry before pretending to laugh. Davenport gives him a look. 

"It's over, Eddy. It's time for you to go back in the wall where you belong."

"No, please. I'll be good. Or how about just not bad in front of you, split the difference? What do you say, Don-Don, huh?" Eddy begs as he tried to cooperate with the man. He follows Davenport to the console. Davenport shakes his head. 

The two noticed the tablet laying on the console. They both leaped forward to get the tablet. The two fought for it, tugging it back and forth.

"Don't make me hurt you, Donny. I don't wanna hurt you." Eddy exclaims.

"You already hurt me with your words," Davenport says.

"Okay, I can't stomach much more to watch this," Bree says, and Harley nods in agreement. Eddy shoves Davenport into the wall and he collapsed to the floor. Eddy places the tablet on the console and starts to make his way over to Davenport.

"Oh, Donny, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it. I didn't mean it!" 

Suddenly, a bright yellow beam appeared and Eddy exploded into a bunch of tiny pieces. They turn their heads to see Perry holding a weapon in her hand.

"Bet he felt that!"

*

After Eddy was back into the wall, everything was calm again. Well, not on Harley's end. She had yet to talk to Chase before he left for Washington. She didn't want him to leave with the two of them on a bad note. She wouldn't want that to be the last memory of the two. 

She enters the main area and that's when she found him. He was sitting on the steps and he looked like he was in deep thought. When she got closer, Chase's eyes glanced over and he met her eyes. Chase quickly stands and makes his way over to her.

"Chase, look, I'm really sorry--"

Her words were cut off as Chase gingerly placed one of his hands on the back of her head and the other on her cheek, pressing his lips against hers. Harley instantly kissed back and she wraps her arms around his torso. 

When they two pulled away, Harley couldn't mutter out a sentence from her mind being fuzzy from the kiss. "What-- why--"

Chase chuckles as his thumb caresses her cheekbone. "I'm not going to Washington anymore." Harley's eyes widen. "Why not? I thought it was your dream?"

Chase smiles at the girl. "I've got everything I've ever wanted right here."

Harley's knees definitely would've buckled as she swooned over his words, but she pulled herself together. She smiles at him before placing her lips onto his.