30

Harley was the first one to climb through the hole, with the help of Chase. Once they all got out, Harley turns to the four.

"Get all of the students out of here."

"Where are you going?" Adam asks.

"I'm going to find Marcus." She weakly answers.

"What? No." Chase shakes his head, stepping forward. "You're too weak. You're the worst out of all of us. It's too dangerous."

Harley sadly smiles and places a hand on his cheek. "Chase, you like it or not, I'm his sister. I am the only one who can communicate with him. I can rescue Daniel, Douglas, and Mr. Davenport. I need to do this."

Chase was fighting within himself. He couldn't let her do this. Not with the risk of her dying and him not being able to say goodbye. He opens his mouth to argue but was quickly cut off by his brother.

"Let her go."

Chase turns to Adam shocked. "What?"

"She's right, Chase. She will be able to stop Marcus. She doesn't need your permission, but she's still telling you because she loves you."

Harley smiles towards the oldest Davenport before looking back at Chase, who sighs. "Fine. But you better be careful." 

The girl nods. "Always." 

With that said, Harley took off in the other direction to find Marcus. It took her a moment to find the room. It annoyed her because the halls all looked the same. She wasn't able to geo-leap, and even if she could, she is risking herself dying even quicker. 

Suddenly, she hears grunting from down the hall.

Please be in the right room.

Harley bursts through the door just in time. Marcus threw Daniel across the room, the latter landing on the ground on his stomach. Marcus didn't notice the girl as he slowly walks over to Daniel.

She looks over, making eye contact with Douglas and Davenport. Their eyes widen at the sight of the girl. She was slowly swaying back and forth as she tried her hardest to stay on her two feet. Her tan skin was now pale. 

Harley looks back to see Marcus gather a blue orb of energy in his hand.

"Marcus!"

Marcus suddenly freezes. He and Daniel whip their head around to see the weak girl slowly walking towards them. Daniel was relieved but worried from the appearance of his sister. Marcus didn't take his eyes off her. He felt ashamed that she was dying because of him. 

Because he didn't help her. 

"I don't want to fight, Marcus." Harley held up her hands. "I just want to talk." 

"You shouldn't be here." He spat.

Harley takes another step forward. "Marcus, you don't have to do this."

"Yes, I do." He argues. "My mission is to destroy my family. Even if that means you." 

"It doesn't have to be." Harley looks down at Daniel who was inching towards Marcus. She discreetly shakes her head. She wanted to save Marcus. She looks back at him. "Marcus, I know deep down that there is a good side of you. I saw that side when we were kids before everything happened."

"That boy is gone." Marcus snarls. Harley saw his eyes were becoming glossy. 

She shakes her head. "No, you're wrong. I saw that same little boy today. I know you want to be happy, Marcus. That's all I want for you. But this isn't the way to go. You were programmed to be evil, but you have a choice. You have a chance to make it right. You have a chance to be my brother again."